- Date Posted
- May. 19, 2021
- Open Source
Starburst is on a mission to modernize data access & analytics. Our company was founded in an unusual way; with customers and revenue from the beginning! Our growth is already ahead of some of the most successful software start-ups, and we don’t plan on slowing down.
We believe our opportunity is huge. Every large company in the world suffers from a data silo problem. Traditional data warehouse products approach the problem with old solutions that breed inefficiency and ultimately can’t help business analysts run fast analytics on all their data.
Starburst provides a modern solution that addresses these data silo & speed of access problems. Starburst helps enterprises harness the value of open source Trino (formerly PrestoSQL), the fastest distributed query engine available today, by adding the tools and 24x7 support that meet the needs for big data access at scale. Ultimately, Starburst helps organizations run analytics anywhere to make better business decisions.
About the Role
Our broad partner ecosystem fuels Starburst’s success and growth. As part of our Partner and Alliances team, we are looking for an experienced Senior Partner Sales Manager based anywhere in the continental US. The partner sales manager function will be working with a combination of GSI, RSI, and Cloud vendors, in nurturing the partner relationship, developing joint solutions that align to the partner’s existing GTM and our GTM focus, and building a joint and incremental pipeline to land and expand with the partner, i.e., driving engagement on opportunities in the field with the partner-friendly Starburst sales teams. This function will be part of a team of like-minded peers, so great opportunity to grow and learn. The core requirement to be considered a candidate for this role is the exposure to having worked with both GSI/RSI and Cloud Service Providers (AWS, Azure, and GCP) as part of partnering and selling motion. This role will start as an Individual Contributor (IC) and is flexible on location in the US.
- Partner recruitment where needed and getting a partner to revenue productivity by leveraging the programs and resources from contracting to enablement to business planning and driving execution and measurement.
- Solution development and building joint pipeline around the offering to then co-sell in conjunction with the Starburst sales teams.
- Build a joint business with the partner based on business goals, support execution, and provide measurement and feedback to support the partner health.
- Be comfortable engaging the Sales teams on opportunities, doing joint account planning, and guiding the Sales teams on the best way to work with the partner on the options to drive revenue.
- Infuse the partner’s Customer Success and Professional Services capabilities where needed to get customers to value for a predictable expansion and or support the scaling of Starburst’s Services team.
- 3-5 years of partner sales manager experience with GSI/RSI and CSPs
- Motivated and flexible to be available to the business when needed
- Have a strong customer experience mindset, i.e., is meticulous about how presentations look; responding to email and slack in a timely fashion; professional treatment of people and colleagues, etc.
Headquartered in Boston MA with offices in Warsaw and London and employees across Europe and the Americas, we are committed to hiring where the talent is.
Starburst Data, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.