- Date Posted
- Aug. 24, 2021
- Open Source
Starburst is on a mission to modernize data access & analytics. Our company was founded in an unusual way; with customers and revenue from the beginning! Our growth is already ahead of some of the most successful software start-ups, and we don’t plan on slowing down.
We believe our opportunity is huge. Every large company in the world suffers from a data silo problem. Traditional data warehouse products approach the problem with old solutions that breed inefficiency and ultimately can’t help business analysts run fast analytics on all their data.
Starburst provides a modern solution that addresses these data silo & speed of access problems. Starburst helps enterprises harness the value of open source Trino (formerly PrestoSQL), the fastest distributed query engine available today, by adding the tools and 24x7 support that meet the needs for big data access at scale. Ultimately, Starburst helps organizations run analytics anywhere to make better business decisions.
We are currently seeking a Partner Solutions Architect to join our dynamic solution architecture team covering the CEMEA region based out of Germany. The PSA plays a critical role in enabling our partner ecosystem (strategic cloud, ISV, global & regional SI partners) to sell Starburst products and solutions, to grow revenues for both the partners and Starburst. The PSA is a high-leverage, high-impact, and very visible role responsible for ensuring widespread adoption of Starburst software and solutions through the Starburst partner community.
- Proactively collaborate with Partner COEs (Center Of Excellence) to design, build and deliver innovative joint solution offerings to positively differentiate Starburst products and technology.
- Deliver partner enablement sessions and present Starburst vision, value proposition, and technology. Enable partner pre-sales organizations on the Starburst sales cycle, qualification, objection handling, “how to sell” and win strategies, and engagement best practices. Tailor presentations to specific partners and their product sets.
- Become a trusted advisor with Global Solution Architects through advising on Starburst technologies as well as presenting architectural visions for leveraging Starburst technologies in solutions.
- Develop pre-sales engineering content on Starburst products and solutions for a Partner audience.
- Ensure that partners’ pre-sales organizations are kept fully informed on all relevant Starburst initiatives, activities and product developments through regular updates.
- Develop strong technical executive relationships and champions within partner technical organizations.
- Collaborate with the Starburst sales team and partners to qualify new customer opportunities.
- Collaborate with the Starburst Product team to help prioritize product improvements, new features and third party integrations.
- Communicate partner solutions to Starburst Sales and Pre-Sales resources such that our teams can effectively discuss and position them to meet customer requirements.
- Work with assigned partners’ product organizations and Starburst Partner Engineering to identify and drive new product and solution opportunities and new points of product integration.
- Develop / assist / maintain partner demos
- In-depth experience in technology related work, including roles in Pre-sales and/or customer-facing Consultant. Good to have: Experience working in a Partner/Channel solution architect role.
- Strong Linux and SQL hands-on experience. Experience with modern BI tools is a plus.
- Enthusiastic, self-starter with a charismatic personality
- Partner/Channel business development experience
- Strong relationship-building skills and ability to act as the technical advocate for our Partners
- Effective in working both independently and in a team setting
- Strong listening and question-based selling skills
- Strong writing skills with the ability to create technical documentation
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to build and present high quality product demonstrations to both technical and executive audiences. Must exhibit ability to speak in front of large audiences
- Travel as necessary, up to 40%
Anywhere EMEA, Germany Preferred
Nice to have:
- Databases, distributed systems, data analytics, data warehousing and previous Hadoop experience are all huge pluses.
- Certified in AWS, Azure, Google Cloud or Red Hat OpenShift as a cloud architect.
- Solid knowledge & experience working with Kubernetes is a plus.
- Experience working with OEM, Managed Service Providers/Customers is a plus.
- Experience with enterprise applications, data management, BI/Data Warehousing and Cloud/big data platforms a plus
Headquartered in Boston MA with offices in Warsaw and London and employees across Europe and the Americas, we are committed to hiring where the talent is.
Starburst provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.