- Date Posted
- Nov. 16, 2021
- Open Source
We’re on a mission to free our customers to see the invisible and achieve the impossible. We unlock the value of distributed data by making it fast and easy to access, no matter where it lives. With Starburst, teams can lower the total cost of their infrastructure and analytics investments, prevent vendor lock-in, and use the existing tools that work for their business. Today more than 150 leading organizations trust us to make better decisions faster.
Though Starburst has achieved a unicorn status and raised $164M in venture funding from top investors, we were founded in a rather unusual way with customers and revenue from the very beginning! We operate globally in 10 countries and are proud to be named a Best Place to Work. Come join our team of All-Stars!
Starburst PreSales Solutions Architects are responsible for the successful customer adoption of our products. In this customer-facing and highly technical role, you will work with our customers directly to ensure their overall success with Starburst’s product offering. You will work closely with field sales representatives to own the technical aspects of the sales cycle, customer evangelization and qualification process from discovery calls through to closure. From demonstrating Trino capabilities, giving presentations, delivering educational sessions or technical workshops, and running proofs-of-concept to migrating from legacy platforms or moving to production Solutions Architects are Trino experts who will provide technical leadership, data management, and analytics experience and consultation.
- Solutions Architects own the technical aspects of the sales cycle and work closely with sales representatives to drive customer projects to closure.
- Shape prospect evaluation requirements, define success criteria, educate customers, and participate in the qualification process
- Define, scope and execute customer proof of concept studies
- Act as the consultant and Trino expert on architecture, deployment and design discussions.
- Act as the primary customer-facing technical resource during technology evaluations
- Design and build demos, presentations, reference architectures, and custom integrations
- Perform overall system and SQL performance tuning and migrations from legacy systems
- Collaborate with Engineering and Support teams for critical customer operational issues and questions
- Act as the voice of the customer during internal product engineering discussions
- Develop field best practices, how-to documents, and contribute to our internal knowledge base
- A willingness to travel to customers as needed
- 5+ years of experience in customer-facing technical roles
- Experience in field sales/field consultant
- Very strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong presentation skills and an ability to respond dynamically to questions in real-time
- Expertise in ANSI SQL
- Expertise in Data warehouse usage and concepts
- Experience with Cloud deployments
- Readiness to travel to and working from multiple customer locations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to code in a second language (Python and/or Java a plus)
- Experience with big data environments: public/private cloud, Hadoop, distributed storage
- Desire to work in a fast-paced startup environment with cutting-edge technologies
At Starburst, we’re constantly striving towards building a place where people come first by creating an environment of transparency, honesty, and respect. We take care of our global workforce by making sure employees enjoy competitive salaries and attractive stock grants, remote-friendly work options, access to quality and affordable insurance, and flexible and generous paid time off to start a family, travel, or just relax!
Headquartered in Boston MA with offices in Warsaw and London and employees across Europe and the Americas, we are committed to hiring where the talent is.
Starburst provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.