- Date Posted
- Jun. 2, 2021
- Open Source
Starburst is on a mission to modernize data access & analytics. Our company was founded in an unusual way; with customers and revenue from the beginning! Our growth is already ahead of some of the most successful software start-ups, and we don’t plan on slowing down.
We believe our opportunity is huge. Every large company in the world suffers from a data silo problem. Traditional data warehouse products approach the problem with old solutions that breed inefficiency and ultimately can’t help business analysts run fast analytics on all their data.
Starburst provides a modern solution that addresses these data silo & speed of access problems. Starburst helps enterprises harness the value of open source Trino (formerly PrestoSQL), the fastest distributed query engine available today, by adding the tools and 24x7 support that meet the needs for big data access at scale. Ultimately, Starburst helps organizations run analytics anywhere to make better business decisions.
Starburst PreSales Solutions Architects are responsible for the successful customer adoption of our products. In this customer-facing and highly technical role, you will work with our customers directly to ensure their overall success with Starburst’s product offering. You will work closely with field sales representatives to own the technical aspects of the sales cycle, customer evangelization and qualification process from discovery calls through to closure. From demonstrating Trino capabilities, giving presentations, delivering educational sessions or technical workshops, and running proofs-of-concept to migrating from legacy platforms or moving to production Solutions Architects are Trino experts who will provide technical leadership, data management, and analytics experience and consultation.
- Solutions Architects own the technical aspects of the sales cycle and work closely with sales representatives to drive customer projects to closure.
- Shape prospect evaluation requirements, define success criteria, educate customers, and participate in the qualification process
- Define, scope and execute customer proof of concept studies
- Act as the consultant and Trino expert on architecture, deployment and design discussions.
- Act as the primary customer-facing technical resource during technology evaluations
- Design and build demos, presentations, reference architectures, and custom integrations
- Perform overall system and SQL performance tuning and migrations from legacy systems
- Collaborate with Engineering and Support teams for critical customer operational issues and questions
- Act as the voice of the customer during internal product engineering discussions
- Develop field best practices, how-to documents, and contribute to our internal knowledge base
- A willingness to travel to customers as needed
- 5+ years of experience in customer-facing technical roles
- Experience in field sales/field consultant
- Very strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong presentation skills and an ability to respond dynamically to questions in real-time
- Expertise in ANSI SQL
- Expertise in Data warehouse usage and concepts
- Experience with Cloud deployments
- Readiness to travel to and working from multiple customer locations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to code in a second language (Python and/or Java a plus)
- Experience with big data environments: public/private cloud, Hadoop, distributed storage
- Desire to work in a fast-paced startup environment with cutting-edge technologies
Headquartered in Boston MA with offices in Warsaw and London and employees across Europe and the Americas, we are committed to hiring where the talent is.
Starburst Data, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.