- Date Posted
- Jun. 2, 2021
- Open Source
We are the Presto company. Starburst is on a mission to modernize data access & analytics. Our company was founded in an unusual way - with customers and revenue from the beginning. Our growth is already ahead of some of the most successful software start-ups, and we don’t plan on slowing down!
Our opportunity is huge: every large company in the world suffers from a data silo problem. Traditional data warehouse products approach the problem with old solutions that breed inefficiency and ultimately can’t help business analysts run fast analytics on all their data.
Starburst provides a modern solution that addresses these data silo & speed of access problems. Starburst helps enterprises harness the value of open source Presto, the fastest distributed query engine available today, by adding the tools and 24x7 support that meet the needs for big data access at scale. Ultimately, Starburst helps organizations run analytics anywhere to make better business decisions.
A Starburst Customer Success Manager will be expected to manage all of a customer’s technical issues, from tuning JVMs for high performance to customizations to architectural planning. You’ll then take that knowledge and work with our engineers to implement the next generation of Starburst Presto. You will be in both the trenches and the boardroom - our CSM’s can do it all for our customers.
We’re looking for highly motivated individuals with backgrounds in deploying and debugging complex systems. Background in distributed systems, Hadoop, cloud technologies, security, DBMSs and navigating a complex Java codebase are all useful technical skills. Equally important are strong communication skills, presentation experience, and the ability to function in a fast-paced dynamic environment when needed. Presto encompasses a wide range of technologies, and most important is the desire and ability to learn.
- Manage all technical aspects of a client’s relationship with Starburst
- Solving immediate technical problems
- Track customer’s technical needs
- Explore integrations and extensions of Presto with customers
- Collaborate with our pre-sales team in fast paced sales environments
- Serve as an intermediary between users and Starburst engineering
- Advise product planning team on real-world customer challenges
- Setting up and tuning distributed processing engines
- Authentication (LDAP, Kerberos)
- Authorization technologies
- Hadoop (specifically HDFS and Hive)
- Docker and Kubernetes
- Cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, GCP)
Location: Anywhere, US
Headquartered in Boston MA with an office in Warsaw, Poland and with engineers across Europe and the Americas, we are committed to hiring where the talent is.