- Date Posted
- Jun. 2, 2021
- Software Engineering
- Open Source
Starburst is on a mission to modernize data access & analytics. Our company was founded in an unusual way; with customers and revenue from the beginning! Our growth is already ahead of some of the most successful software start-ups, and we don’t plan on slowing down.
We believe our opportunity is huge. Every large company in the world suffers from a data silo problem. Traditional data warehouse products approach the problem with old solutions that breed inefficiency and ultimately can’t help business analysts run fast analytics on all their data.
Starburst provides a modern solution that addresses these data silo & speed of access problems. Starburst helps enterprises harness the value of open source Trino (formerly PrestoSQL), the fastest distributed query engine available today, by adding the tools and 24x7 support that meet the needs for big data access at scale. Ultimately, Starburst helps organizations run analytics anywhere to make better business decisions.
Starburst is looking for a Full Stack Engineer to work on our growing global engineering team, specifically building out a new user interface for our core product, which allows users to monitor and analyze a cluster’s current and historical workload.
You’ll be part of a talented engineering team, with years of full stack development experience. As a Full Stack Engineer you will be designing and implementing our new Insights product, building functionality and scalability into every level as part of a dynamic and fun team. You will be working with our UX, product and customer success teams to deliver features that enable our customers to get the most out of Starburst Enterprise.
- Design and develop backend and frontend components of Starburst’s Insight product
- Lead projects from concept to completionWrite tests and contribute to ongoing automation infrastructure development
- Collaborate with teams globally across multiple time zones and operate in an Agile development environment
- Provide exceptional customer support for both internal and external customers
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment on a growing team with limitless potential
- A passion for Software Engineering and interest in all phases of the Agile software development lifecycle.
- Significant experience developing RESTful backend services in Java
- Proficiency using front-end frameworks such as React, Angular or Backbone
- Comfortable with modern HTML and CSS technology stack
- Demonstrated experience with good engineering practices and software craftsmanship.
- Hands-on experience with scripting languagesAppreciation for maintainable, working, high quality software.
- Familiarity with UX concepts and best practices
- A good understanding of BI, Big Data, Data engineering, and Cloud Analytics spaces
- Experience with Hadoop, Spark, Kafka or other distributed data processing systems
Headquartered in Boston MA with offices in Warsaw and London and employees across Europe and the Americas, we are committed to hiring where the talent is.
Starburst Data, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.