- Date Posted
- Jun. 2, 2021
- Software Engineering
- Open Source
Starburst is on a mission to modernize data access & analytics. Our company was founded in an unusual way; with customers and revenue from the beginning! Our growth is already ahead of some of the most successful software start-ups, and we don’t plan on slowing down.
We believe our opportunity is huge. Every large company in the world suffers from a data silo problem. Traditional data warehouse products approach the problem with old solutions that breed inefficiency and ultimately can’t help business analysts run fast analytics on all their data.
Starburst provides a modern solution that addresses these data silo & speed of access problems. Starburst helps enterprises harness the value of open source Trino (formerly PrestoSQL), the fastest distributed query engine available today, by adding the tools and 24x7 support that meet the needs for big data access at scale. Ultimately, Starburst helps organizations run analytics anywhere to make better business decisions.
Starburst is looking for a Software Engineer to join our Cloud engineering team. As an engineer, you will design, implement and enhance our Trino cloud solutions on AWS, Azure, and GCP. Build partner platform integrations across the public cloud environments and make thoroughly informed recommendations to the product team at Starburst.
- Design, implement, and improve Starburst software integrations with partners
- Develop new and extend existing Trino connectors to various data sources
- Run and analyze software performance metrics
- Verify integration of partner products with Starburst
- Collaborate with teams globally across multiple time zones and operate in an Agile development environment
- Provide recommendations to product engineering for integrations
- 5+ years experience developing software in Java or C++.
- Experience with AWS, Azure, and/or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience working with SaaS products or with Service Oriented Architectures
- Comfortable with scripting languages
- Experience with security authentication and authorization
- Demonstrated experience with good engineering practices and software craftsmanship.
- Appreciation for maintainable, working, high quality software.
- Experience in integration engineering
- Experience with SQL, Hadoop, Spark, Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience with distributed systems architecture
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools and/or Data Integration tools
- Experience with usability and user experience
Headquartered in Boston MA with offices in Warsaw and London and employees across Europe and the Americas, we are committed to hiring where the talent is.
Starburst Data, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.