- Date Posted
- May. 19, 2021
- Software Engineering
- Open Source
We are the Presto company. Starburst is on a mission to modernize data access & analytics. Our company was founded in an unusual way - with customers and revenue from the beginning. Our growth is already ahead of some of the most successful software start-ups, and we don’t plan on slowing down!
Our opportunity is huge: every large company in the world suffers from a data silo problem. Traditional data warehouse products approach the problem with old solutions that breed inefficiency and ultimately can’t help business analysts run fast analytics on all their data.
Starburst provides a modern solution that addresses these data silo & speed of access problems. Starburst helps enterprises harness the value of open source Presto, the fastest distributed query engine available today, by adding the tools and 24x7 support that meet the needs for big data access at scale. Ultimately, Starburst helps organizations run analytics anywhere to make better business decisions.
Starburst is looking for a Software Engineer to join our Cloud & Ecosystem engineering team.
As an engineer, you will design, implement and enhance our Starburst Presto cloud solutions on AWS, Azure, and GCP as well as private solutions like Openshift. Build partner platform integrations across the public and private cloud environments, ecosystem tools integrations, and make thoroughly informed recommendations to the product team at Starburst.
- Design, implement, and improve Starburst software integrations with partners
- Develop new and extend existing Presto connectors to various data sources
- Run and analyze software performance metrics
- Verify integration of partner products with Starburst
- Collaborate with teams globally across multiple time zones and operate in an Agile development environment
- Provide recommendations to product engineering for integrations
- 5+ years experience developing software in Java or C++.
- Experience with AWS, Azure, and/or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience working with SaaS products or with Service Oriented Architectures
- Comfortable with scripting languages
- Experience with security authentication and authorization
- Demonstrated experience with good engineering practices and software craftsmanship.
- Appreciation for maintainable, working, high quality software.
Nice to have:
- Experience in integration engineering
- Experience with provisioning, metering, and billing in cloud marketplaces
- Experience with SQL, Hadoop, Presto, Spark, Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience with distributed systems architecture
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools and/or Data Integration tools
- Experience with usability and user experience