- Date Posted
- Aug. 30, 2021
- Software Engineering
- Open Source
We’re on a mission to free our customers to see the invisible and achieve the impossible. We unlock the value of distributed data by making it fast and easy to access, no matter where it lives. With Starburst, teams can lower the total cost of their infrastructure and analytics investments, prevent vendor lock-in, and use the existing tools that work for their business. Today more than 150 leading organizations trust us to make better decisions faster.
Though Starburst has achieved a unicorn status and raised $164M in venture funding from top investors, we were founded in a rather unusual way with customers and revenue from the very beginning! We operate globally in 10 countries and are proud to be named a Best Place to Work. Come join our team of All-Stars!
About the role
Starburst is looking for Software Engineers to work with our globally distributed engineering team. This role will allow you to directly contribute to the advancement of open source Trino and the Starburst proprietary enterprise analytics solutions.
- Design and Develop core components of Starburst products.
- Contribute to Starburst Trino and the open source Trino project.
- Analyze and Optimize software performance metrics and benchmark results.
- Automate testing infrastructure and contribute to ongoing test developments.
- Collaborate with global teams and operate in an Agile and customer centric development environment.
- In-depth software development experience with at least one modern language, Java is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with software engineering and design best practices.
- Appreciation for maintainable, performant, and high quality software.
- Interest in distributed systems or database internals such as query optimization, experience in these areas is preferred.
At Starburst, we’re constantly striving towards building a place where people come first by creating an environment of transparency, honesty, and respect. We take care of our global workforce by making sure employees enjoy competitive salaries and attractive stock grants, remote-friendly work options, access to quality and affordable insurance, and flexible and generous paid time off to start a family, travel, or just relax!
Headquartered in Boston MA with offices in Warsaw and London and employees across Europe and the Americas, we are committed to hiring where the talent is.
Starburst provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.