- United States
- Date Posted
- Jan. 10, 2022
- Technical & Customer Support
- Open Source
We’re on a mission to free our customers to see the invisible and achieve the impossible. We unlock the value of distributed data by making it fast and easy to access, no matter where it lives. With Starburst, teams can lower the total cost of their infrastructure and analytics investments, prevent vendor lock-in, and use the existing tools that work for their business. Today more than 150 leading organizations trust us to make better decisions faster.
Though Starburst has achieved a unicorn status and raised $164M in venture funding from top investors, we were founded in a rather unusual way with customers and revenue from the very beginning! We operate globally in 10 countries and are proud to be named a Best Place to Work. Come join our team of All-Stars!
About the role
Our Customer Success Manager team supports Starburst customers from the moment of “signing up with Starburst” to utilizing Starburst to gather critical insights. You’ll be focused on understanding trends in customer inquiries and utilizing this information to drive product adoption, expansion, and renewal.
Because the Customer Success Manager role is a new position that supports a large customer base (30-40 customers), we’re looking for individuals who are eager to not only provide best in class customer service, but also motivated to be a pioneer in refining our engagement model in collaboration with our Customer Success, Marketing, and Sales teams. This role reports to the Director of Customer Success.
Grow and retain accounts
- Be the primary contact and advocate for approximately 30-40 customers
- Drive project management for customers who are onboarding with Starburst: track timelines, milestones, and ensure time to value
- Analyze and track product usage data and other customer health metrics to drive action plans and create strategies that enable customers to effectively utilize the Starburst Enterprise Platform
- Collaborate with the Sales team to support with renewing our existing customers and grow their work with us
- Deeply understand our product and services
- Understand common questions and challenges that our customers encounter
- Help identify solutions and services for addressing customer inquiries at scale
- Be the voice of the customer within Starburst: Elevate key themes and trends in customer needs
- Collaborate with Marketing and our Enablement teams to develop strategies for scale and growth
Measures of Success
- Continue our track record of best-in-class renewal rates
- Ensure consistent and fast time to value: <90 day onboarding
- Consistent analysis of customers’ usage of Starburst
- Previous Experience in a Customer Success, Relationship Management, Account Management, or similar role
- Exceptional communication skills, highly organized, collaborative and detail oriented
- Strong technical aptitude: basic familiarity in the Big Data industry (Hadoop, Data lakes, Spark) or Databases and Data warehouses
- We don’t expect travel will be required for this role. We do expect that someone in this role should be comfortable working across multiple time zones within the US (PST, CST, and EST).
At Starburst, we’re constantly striving towards building a place where people come first by creating an environment of transparency, honesty, and respect. We take care of our global workforce by making sure employees enjoy competitive salaries and attractive stock grants, remote-friendly work options, access to quality and affordable insurance, and flexible and generous paid time off to start a family, travel, or just relax!
Headquartered in Boston MA with offices in Warsaw and London and employees across Europe and the Americas, we are committed to hiring where the talent is.
Starburst provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.