- Date Posted
- Aug. 30, 2021
- Technical & Customer Support
- Open Source
We’re on a mission to free our customers to see the invisible and achieve the impossible. We unlock the value of distributed data by making it fast and easy to access, no matter where it lives. With Starburst, teams can lower the total cost of their infrastructure and analytics investments, prevent vendor lock-in, and use the existing tools that work for their business. Today more than 150 leading organizations trust us to make better decisions faster.
Though Starburst has achieved a unicorn status and raised $164M in venture funding from top investors, we were founded in a rather unusual way with customers and revenue from the very beginning! We operate globally in 10 countries and are proud to be named a Best Place to Work. Come join our team of All-Stars!
About the role
Our Technical Account Management team supports Starburst customers from the moment of “signing up with Starburst” to utilizing Starburst to gather critical insights. Our Technical Account managers are the first point of contact for our customer teams; they deeply understand why customers are using Starburst and are proactive problem-solvers to help share best practices for how to get the most value from our product, ultimately contributing to retention and growth across a portfolio of accounts. In this role, we’re looking for people who have knowledge in two key areas: big data and nurturing customer accounts.
Grow and retain accounts:
- Oversee a portfolio of customers, ensuring they see the best value from Starburst’s products and services and building customer relationships
- Deeply understand customers’ goals to develop account plans in partnership with the Sales team and through relationships with executive level teams
- Drive action plans and create strategies that enable customers to utilize the Starburst Enterprise Platform
Be an expert in our products and services:
- Proactively identify customer problems and track technical needs
- Guide customers with industry best practices and direction on how to maximize impact of Starburst Enterprise within their organizations
- Be the voice of the customer within Starburst: Elevate key themes and trends in customer needs
- Collaborate with the Sales team to both renew our existing customers and grow their work with us
Starburst Enterprise encompasses a wide range of technologies, and most important is the desire and ability to learn. Familiarity with some of these platforms and technologies will help you hit the ground running, but we will also support you in growing your knowledge in these areas.
Experience or familiarity both in troubleshooting and speaking to different platforms and technologies including:
- Big Data (Hadoop, Data lakes, Spark)
- Docker and Kubernetes
- Cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Databases and Data warehouses
- Authentication (LDAP, Kerberos)
- Authorization technologies
At Starburst, we’re constantly striving towards building a place where people come first by creating an environment of transparency, honesty, and respect. We take care of our global workforce by making sure employees enjoy competitive salaries and attractive stock grants, remote-friendly work options, access to quality and affordable insurance, and flexible and generous paid time off to start a family, travel, or just relax!
Headquartered in Boston MA with offices in Warsaw and London and employees across Europe and the Americas, we are committed to hiring where the talent is.
Starburst provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.