- Date Posted
- Sep. 7, 2021
- Design & UI
- Open Source
As a product-driven company developing open-source software, we are looking for a strong and open-minded backend engineer to join the core team. Someone who can take a step back, see the whole picture of an architecture. Values such as humility, transparency, and being eager to learn are deeply required to enjoy this role.
We are building software used by thousands of developers and users around the world. Every choice made by the core team impacts tens of thousands of businesses and developers. Our active community of contributors is very involved in helping us build a great product and acts as mentors to help us become better developers.
As an engineer developing a tool for developers you will be involved in the design and product process to find the best solution for our users. Your main focus will be to improve our product and help us drive our roadmap forward. You will contribute to every aspect of the development lifecycle from technical design to implementation and maintenance, always keeping our users in mind. We do a lot of code reviews, pair-programming sessions and workshops to learn from each other.
To get some examples of our future features, checkout our public roadmap.
- Contribute to define new core designs (internal APIs, framework architecture…).
- Develop and release new features to the users.
- Find solutions to solve users issues.
- Review and help the community contributors.
- Make Strapi more stable and robust by writing effective code and testing it.
- Collaborate with Front-end Developers and Product Managers in all phases of product development.
- Requirement: Within +/- 4 hours from Paris’ timezone.
- Requirement: Fluent English.
- Requirement: 5+ years of experience in back-end development.
- Strong experience with REST, GraphQL and testing tools.
- Good knowledge software design principles.
- In-depth understanding and experience of relational databases.
- Good knowledge of traditional and headless CMS ecosystem.
- Team player and focused on user success.
- Bonus: Contributed to open source projects.
- Bonus: You love Design Patterns and UML.
- Bonus: Professional experience with a CMS (Built applications/websites using a well known CMS).
- Bonus: Knowledge of non relational databases.
- Note: you don’t need to check all the boxes to apply
- First interview with Danielle (Talent acquisition manager) — 30 minutes
- Technical assignment — to be done over 1 week
- Debrief with Marion & Alexandre (Engineering Manager & Lead Engineer) — 60 minutes
- Team meetings with 2 duos of teammates — 30 minutes x 2
- Founder meeting — 30 minutes
- Values assessment — 60 minutes
- Reference check