- Date Posted
- May. 31, 2021
- Open Source
In the digital age, content rules.
Production and distribution have shifted from the few to the many. We have all become the media, the media has been marginalized and brands are now broadcasters.
- Everyone has a story to tell or something to sell. A need to create and connect, post and publish, showcase and share.
- So, say hello to Strapi! They exist to fuel the world’s creativity and productivity by unleashing the power of content.
- So they’ve built the next generation CMS that does exactly that. Across the full lifecycle and the entire stack.
Within 3 years, Strapi became the leading open-source Headless CMS (Content Management System). It powers tens of thousands of projects all over the world and is used by massive companies, such as IBM, Walmart and the Nasa.
The community of users is growing very fast, as well as our needs related to finance. Working directly with the CEO, you will lead all the finance, admin and legal topics. Also, you will have lots of challenges to tackle: international (Strapi, Inc. is a US company, Strapi Solutions SAS is a French subsidiary), open-source software, etc.
This position is a very strategic, so we will give you the possibility to create what is relevant for the company. Thanks to our strong ownership culture, you will have the opportunity to build everything (almost) from scratch.
- Define, execute and track the business plan: forecasts, reporting, etc.
- Define team budgets (tools, hiring, etc.).
- Manage the accountancy with our external accountants (and eventually internalize in the future).
- Get external financings from loans or investors (subventions, loans, CIR/CII/JEI, etc.).
- Do finance research (pricing evolution, etc.) with other teams.
- Investors relation (participate in Monthly Reports and work on upcoming fundraising rounds).
- Define workflows and policies to spend the company’s money (equipment, software, travel, etc.).
- Lead, in collaboration with the Sales and Customer Success team, the payments (billing system, payment reminders, etc.) from our customers and potential conflicts or negotiations.
- Make sure we are up-to-date with tax payments.
- Hire people to build an amazing Finance team.
- Run payroll: we're using PayFit, Gusto, Swile and we'll probably be using services like Remote.com or JustWorks.
- Make sure both Strapi, Inc. and Strapi Solutions SAS are compliant on every aspect (taxes, corporate, social, litigation, etc.).
- Stay updated about new legal requirements for every country we’ve got Strapiers working from.
- Manage the contracts with external contractors.
- Create a vendor portal to make sure each of them follow some rules.
- Help the Sales team to close deals that require legal negotiations.
- Define contract templates with the People team and help them with uncommon cases (benefits or remote setup when hiring someone for the first time in a country, someone moving from one country to another, etc.).