- Date Posted
- Aug. 24, 2021
- Open Source
As a company developing open-source software with a huge community of users, we are looking for a strong and open-minded Solutions Engineer to join the support team. Values such as humility, patience, and being eager to learn are deeply required to enjoy this role.
We are building a software used by thousands of developers and users around the world. The help we are providing impacts many businesses and developers’ lives. As a Solutions Engineer you will be involved in the process of finding and developing the best solutions for the community users and clients.
Why your role is important at Strapi
On a daily basis, you will work with both the community users and clients of Strapi. The support team is answering community technical questions on the different platforms we have. We also dig deep into the product to find workarounds to unblock users in their project development. We are currently working on the restructuring of all technical resources we have, you will be involved in this massive task.
- This role is remote.
- Europe/Africa timezone (UTC−1 to UTC+4)
- What will my job look like on a daily basis?
- Make sure all technical questions have an answer
- Create technical resources to help users to achieve their goals using Strapi
- Help clients during their project development
- Structure support processes in collaboration with the sales and customer success team
- Analyze and report the community users and clients feedback to the product team
- Strong proficiency in React and Node.js. A general understanding of our stack Redux, Saga, Styled-components, Webpack, Koa, and REST/GraphQL
- Significant experience with web development and technical support
- A passion for learning, teaching, and helping others
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Familiarity with common front-end and back-end development tools
- Fundamental understanding of common application deployment systems such as CI/CD pipelines, cloud hosting, PaaS systems, and security frameworks
- Note: you don’t need to check all the boxes to apply
Why you should join the tribe:
- Humane and passionate team
- Open source mindset
- We’re scaling: We still have a lot more amazing things to do. You won’t get bored
- Remote environment
- Healthcare (Care is one of our core values).
- Flexible hours (Ownership is one of our core values).
- 5 weeks PTO policy (It’s a marathon, not a sprint).
- Inclusive parental leave (16 weeks parental leave for any parent).
- Stock Options for everyone (because we win together).
Our Talent Acquisition process:
- This process tends to take 2-3 weeks max, but we are happy to adapt to your specific needs.
- First video call with the hiring manager
- Call with a Solutions Engineer
- Technical assessment
- Assessment debriefing
- Team meetings (with a few Strapiers)
- References check
- Values assessment
- Closing interview