- Pryor, OK
- Date Posted
- Aug. 30, 2021
- Software Engineering
- Open Source
As a company developing open-source software, we are looking for a strong and open-minded Technical Writer to join the documentation team. Values such as humility, empathy, and being eager to learn are deeply required to enjoy this role.
We are building a software used by thousands of developers and users around the world. Every information, technical resources we are providing impact many businesses and developers’ lives. As a Technical Writer working on an open-source software you will be involved in the design and production of the documentation to make the information clear and easy to find for our users.
Why your role is important at Strapi
On a daily basis, you will work on the main documentation of Strapi. The Documentation team is working closely with the Support, Product, and Marketing teams to create and structure new resources depending on the need. We also work with the community and clients to identify information that should be provided.
- This role is remote.
- No timezone restriction
- What will my job look like on a daily basis?
- Improve and update the existing technical documentations (Developer Documentation and User Guide)
- Write new content to complete the documentations
- Document new features being released, in synchronisation with the Product and Marketing teams
- Participate in the global harmonisation and improvement of all Strapi technical resources
- Help handle community contributions to the Strapi documentations
- Fluent in English
- Minimum 1-2 years experience in writing technical documentation
- Excellent writing skills in technical writing
- Good software understanding and analysing skills to determine what to document
- A passion for learning, sharing knowledge and helping others
- Thinking simplicity over complexity
- Open-minded, full of doubts with no certitudes
- Proactive and self-driven to solve problems
- Note: you don’t need to check all the boxes to apply
Why you should join the tribe:
- Humane and passionate team
- Open source mindset
- We’re scaling: We still have a lot more amazing things to do. You won’t get bored!
- Remote environment
- Healthcare (Care is one of our core values).
- Flexible hours (Ownership is one of our core values).
- 5 weeks PTO policy (It’s a marathon, not a sprint).
- Inclusive parental leave (16 weeks parental leave for any parent).
- Stock Options for everyone (because we win together).
Our Talent Acquisition process:
- This process tends to take 2-3 weeks max, but we are happy to adapt to your specific needs.
- First video call with the hiring manager
- Call with a Technical Writer
- Technical assessment
- Assessment debriefing
- Team meetings (with a few Strapiers)
- References check
- Values assessment
- Closing interview