- New York
- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Jan. 11, 2022
- Data Science
Stytch is the platform for user authentication. We make it simple for developers to build complex, passwordless authentication flows in minutes. As our first data engineer, you’ll build the data foundation, transform / translate data into insights, drive business decisions with engineering and go-to-market teams, and propel a “data-first culture” at Stytch.
What Excites You
- Solving ambiguous problems and driving business insights and decisions through data
- Learning new skills in a fast paced environment
- Shaping the culture and growing the team through recruiting, mentorship, and establishing best practices
- A collaborative environment with a tight feedback loop
What Excites Us
- 4+ years of experience in a data engineering role
- Expertise in SQL, ETL designs, data manipulation, data analytics, and reporting and visualization platforms such as Mode, Periscope, Tableau
- Experience with Python, R, and familiarity with modern tools for data warehousing, data extraction, data transformation, and workflow orchestration
- Experience writing data transformations and using tools like dbt
- Results-driven, organized, and outstanding communication skills
- Ability to quickly understand new technologies and complex concepts
- Excitement to work in a high-growth environment and to help build processes and tools to automate as needed
- Develop and execute data and analytics roadmap by working with marketing, sales, engineering and other teams
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners to define KPI metrics, instrument data best practices for gathering, experimenting, analyzing and building dashboards and forecasts
- Apply your skills in data analysis, modeling, and storytelling to solve challenging problems and derive actionable insights
- Partner with go-to-market teams to provide analytics expertise to help guide strategic and operational initiatives
What Success Looks Like
- Ownership — advocate for projects and processes that you believe in and help us bring those solutions to life
- Intellectual curiosity — identify and research new topics that will be helpful for developers and create high-quality content
- Communication — you are a strong communicator with exceptional organizational skills
We’re looking to hire a GREAT team and that means hiring people who are highly empathetic, ambitious, and excited about building the future of user authentication. You should feel empowered to apply for this role even if your experience doesn’t exactly match up to our job description (our job descriptions are directional and not perfect recipes for exactly what we need).
We are committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workspace where everyone (regardless of age, education, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or any personal characteristics) feels like they belong. We look forward to hearing from you!
Learn more about our team and culture here!