- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Sep. 28, 2021
- Software Engineering
What we’re looking for
Stytch is the platform for user authentication. We build infrastructure that sits in the critical path of our customer’s applications. As a platform engineer, you’ll work on designing and building back end systems and infrastructure to be secure and highly reliable.
What Excites You
- A collaborative environment with a tight feedback loop between the work you do and the impact it has on users
- Solving problems with pragmatic solutions — you know when to make trade offs between complexity and shipping quickly
- Building products that make developers lives easier — as a platform engineer for a developer infrastructure company, what you build will have an immediate impact on our customers
- Shaping the culture and growing the team through recruiting, mentorship, and establishing best practices
- Learning new skills and technologies in a fast paced environment
What Excites Us
- Familiarity with Go, Terraform, Kubernetes, gRPC, CI/CD pipelines
- Experience designing and building highly reliable systems at scale
- Security engineering experience
- 5+ years as an infrastructure, site reliability or platform engineer
What Success Looks Like
- Technical — build new, highly reliable services that our customers can depend on
- Ownership — advocate for projects and solutions that you believe in and ship them to production
- Leadership — level up your teammates by providing mentorship and guidance
Our Tech Stack
- Go for back end services
- Node and Typescript for our web services
- React on the front end
- Swift for our iOS sdk and Kotlin for the Android sdk
- We run on AWS with Kubernetes for containerization
- GRPC and protobufs for internal service communication
We’re looking to hire a GREAT team and that means hiring people who are highly empathetic, ambitious, and excited about building the future of user authentication. You should feel empowered to apply for this role even if your experience doesn’t exactly match up to our job description (our job descriptions are directional and not perfect recipes for exactly what we need).
We are committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workspace where everyone (regardless of age, education, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or any personal characteristics) feels like they belong. We look forward to hearing from you!
Learn more about our team and culture here!