- San Mateo, CA
- Date Posted
- Aug. 24, 2021
- Design & UI
We are a company by gamers, for gamers. We are looking for ambitious and highly skilled people who share our passion for making outstanding games. You will need to be ready to take on the challenge of being part of a small but experienced and ambitious team, not be afraid to get your hands dirty, have a can-do attitude and a willingness to go the extra mile. For those up to the challenge, it’s going to be a thrilling ride.
Platform architect / chief architect
As a key contributor in the studio, you will be instrumental in designing, building, and maintaining Super Evil Megacorp’s backend solution that pushes the boundaries of what is possible with mobile gaming.
You’ll play a leadership role in a small but growing team, creating one of the most sophisticated game platforms that powers tens of thousands of simultaneous game sessions. You need to bring the team along and communicate well at all levels with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
You’ll need to demonstrate a track record of developing scalable, reliable, low-latency, high-throughput services at scale running on public cloud (GPC preferred). Other important buzzwords include Couchbase, Docker, Kubernetes, MQTT, Playfab.
- Lead architecture decisions and collaborate on design and development with the team, with special attention to scalability and mission-critical reliability.
- Take part in team activities/development and work collaboratively to iteratively deliver change while constantly communicating the vision and rationale behind decisions made
- Collaborate with Design, Product/Project Management, and other stakeholders to effectively build and maintain player-facing products
- Empathize with our players, and product stakeholders to design and build technical solutions addressing essential product needs
- Monitor the production health of our backend services with a positive continuous improvement mindset
- Extensive experience as a backend engineer, including technical leadership roles
- Expert knowledge of Python/Java/Kotlin, RESTful APIs, and Pub/Sub messaging
- Extensive hands on experience working with: distributed systems, network caching, architecture, design, and live operations
- Hands on experience with public/private cloud services, such as AWS or Google Compute
- Pragmatic approach to container ecosystems, including Docker, Kubernetes, and Helm
- Experience with games platforms as a service (PlayFab, Game Sparks, Hadeon)
- Experience with distributed NoSQL databases (Couchbase, HBase, Cassandra)
- Experience with large scale data processing frameworks (Spark, Hive, Presto)
- Experience with data engineering processes and tools (Segment, Redshift, BigQuery)
- A resume is required for consideration.
Apply & join the team
We are a company by gamers, for gamers. We believe that truly good and deeply compelling games are timeless and ultimately prevail over fine-tuned shallow addiction cycles. Our mission is to make deeply engaging and technically outstanding games, while embracing all the opportunities of new platforms, new business models and a games industry in flux.
We are looking for ambitious and highly skilled people who share our passion for making outstanding games. You will need to be ready to take on the challenge of being part of a small but experienced and ambitious team, not be afraid to get your hands dirty, have a can-do attitude and a willingness to go the extra mile. For those up to the challenge, it’s going to be a thrilling ride.