- San Mateo, CA
- Date Posted
- May. 26, 2021
- Product Engineering
We are a company for gamers, by gamers. We believe that truly good and deeply compelling games are timeless and will ultimately prevail over fine-tuned shallow addiction cycles. Our mission is to make deeply engaging and technically outstanding games, while embracing all the opportunities of crazy new platforms, new business models and a games industry in flux.
We are looking for ambitious and highly skilled people who share our passion for making outstanding games. You will need to be ready to take on the challenge of being part of a small but experienced and ambitious team, not be afraid to get your hands dirty, have a can-do attitude and a willingness to go the extra mile. For those up to the challenge, it’s going to be a thrilling ride.
Lead product manager
Super Evil Megacorp is looking for a lead product manager to join its growing product team. In this role, you will drive engagement and monetization of our products and provide input to the design team long-term big feature bets. To accomplish this goal, you will be working with insanely talented folks from many departments on a broad range of game features and content.
Role & responsibilities:
- You will help drive the overall product strategy, ensuring that product decisions are based on in-depth analysis. You will bring to the table a balanced view between short-term feature bets that you own versus the long-term high-risk high-reward feature bets that the design team owns and help drive prioritization at the studio level.
- You will use a combination of outstanding analytical skills, business sense, and strategic thinking to innovate and create best-in-class engagement, retention and monetization content for our live products.
- You’ll quarterback your features end-to-end: starting from the design spec, to guiding implementation, and then finding the holes in your initial design to improve on through iteration
- You will be designing, implementing, executing and evaluating real-time sales and in-game events to drive the economic health of our products and the revenue.
- You will be building and operating a team of live ops analysts, data analysts and product managers to execute against our product strategy
Required skills & knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Economics, Applied Mathematics, Business, Finance, Marketing or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in product management
- 3+ years of experience in team building
- 3+ years experience executing online/mobile real-time sales, events and CMS tools.
- Exceptional analytical skills with a focus on data-driven decision making
- A team player that is results focused and an intellectually curious self-starter, while your work reflects that of someone who is extremely detail-oriented.
- Up to date knowledge of mobile game market trends
- Familiar with json files, Python and/or other scripting languages
- A resume is required for consideration.
Super Evil Megacorp is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.