- Date Posted
- Sep. 28, 2021
- As Server Developer at Supersolid you will create scalable backend code for fun and engaging mobile games with millions of users.
- You will work as part of a highly skilled team to develop new game features and maintain popular games.
- You will contribute to our software stack, develop new services and create new games.
- Implement features in a way that is performant and will scale well with increased volume and concurrency of users
- Monitor, debug and quickly resolve server and database issues on games in production
- Create services and shared libraries to streamline development and live operations
- Work in all phases of the development lifecycle with a focus on efficient and iterative coding
- Be part of an expert engineering team with a coherent development approach and high level of technical quality
- Passion for developing highly scalable web services that power popular games
- Software craftsperson with a diligent programming mentality and zero tolerance for bugs
- Excellent understanding of programming best practices and data-driven design
- Experience writing automated software tests and writing testable code
- Self-driven and excel at completing tasks in a minimally supervised environment
- Able to communicate ideas from abstract game features to complex technical designs
- Comfortable working in a small team on high impact features
- Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics or a related subject
- 2+ years commercial experience in Node.js programming
Superpowers (not essential but nice to have!)
- Experience working with databases, ideally NoSQL databases such as MongoDB
- Knowledge of commonly used web security techniques
- Experience developing real-time client-server applications
- Interest in Node.js profiling and understanding what makes V8 tick
- Designed, written, deployed, debugged and maintained web services with 100k+ DAU
- Devop with experience of cloud platforms such as GCP, Heroku, MongoDB Atlas
- Fan of Kubernetes and containerization
Life at Supersolid
Our HQ is in the heart of central London - although currently we work completely from home due to COVID policy. We’re a fast-moving, creative studio. Our people are what makes our studio fun, exciting and productive.
We reward our employees with:
- Flexible working hours - core hours 10am-5pm
- We strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance
- Competitive salaries
- There is a discretionary bonus based on company and individual performance and we keep salaries up to date during the annual pay review
- Support with relocation
- Support to learn, develop and progress with Supersolid
- Free snacks and drinks
- Amazing supersocials, company outings, game jams, Friday night drinks and more!
- Company pension contribution
- 28 days holiday and additional days off between Christmas and New Year. There is a tenure reward scheme where you will gain extra holidays
- We value diversity and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all suitable applicants. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK
If you are interested in joining Supersolid, please email us