- Date Posted
- Aug. 24, 2021
Swile (swile.co) is a French start-up created in 2017 by French serial entrepreneur Loïc Soubeyrand : Swile offers digital solutions for employee rewards and benefits (meal/food vouchers and corporate gifts) through a card and an app that also helps foster engagement. We disrupted the traditional and outdated French paper meal voucher market and were able to gain significant traction.
After mastering meal vouchers, Swile is now tackling new rewards and benefits (meal vouchers, corporate gifts, transportation and commuter benefits, vacation allowances and more) that will be stored and managed via a single account, card and app. Our ambition is to enable employers to also improve their employees’ engagement and experience by recognizing key moments and milestones of their lives at work. As such, celebrations (birthdays and work anniversaries), money pots, team events, P2P payments among coworkers are brought together in a single app.
As of today, we have raised €11 million (Series A) in 2018, €30 million (Series B) in 2019 and more recently, we completed a third round of fundraising (series C) of €70 million, spearheaded by Index Ventures. After an in-depth study of the growth potential for Swile across global markets, the company is poised to expand into the Brazilian market this year as Brazil is the world’s largest employee benefits market and more generally the perfect place to develop our new HR features namely our “Engagement” offer.
We’re looking for a Legal Counsel with a strong background and professional experience in Banking & financial Law (especially in e-money & payment services) to join our Legal team within the dedicated pole Banking & New Products.
As part of this specific pole, you’ll be charged to legally frame our products in France and in each country we would like to develop our activities worldwide. In your role, you’ll be working closely with people across the company (in particular but non limited to: the compliance team, the corporate programs team, the international teams...) as well as external Counsels.
This is a challenging role within an hyper growth company in which there are a lot of new products and projects to be developped. We are looking for someone who is aligned with Swile’s values, who is a doer with strong communication and project management skills, in order to find tailored solutions always in the best interest of the company, and to ensure a great experience for our clients and users of Swile’s products.
Do you think you are the right candidate ? Please feel free to contact us and send us your resume, we looking forward to hear from you !
- Ensure that all our products are properly framed from a legal point of view, especially regarding our regulatory obligations (banking & financial law), and document all the products decisions
- Provide legal guidance and develop solutions to product development and expansion.
- Work closely with the corporate programs team and all the other stakeholders (tech teams, marketing teams, care...) in order to become a trusted advisor for them thanks to your well identification of all relevant legal risks and to your contribution to the lauch of our products
- Assisting Products teams in their launch projects in France
- Assisting the international teams to understand the legal environment of the products in other new countries
- Work closely with the compliance team especially regarding regulated activities
- Work closely with the other poles within the Legal team (the contracts team in order to disclose all the necessary information following the framing of our products in order for them to draft and negotiate the contracts; the data privacy team in order for them to provide you with all the guidances on these aspects to take into account in the framing of our products etc.)
- Build processes with other teams (creating templates, providing guidelines, build clear products roadmaps, reports etc.) in order to facilitate legal compliance within Swile
- Work with outsourced legal counsels in all jurisdictions to deliver the best possible advice to the different stakeholders internally
- Around 4+ years of professional experience, within a financial and regulated environment (with a preference for fintech experience)
- Strong knowledge banking and financial Law (emoney and payment services ⇒ a strong + !) in France and the skills, willingness, and initiative to own legal issues across different jurisdictions
- Project management skills
- Excellent at communicating in spoken and written English
- Attention to details and accuracy when accomplishing tasks
- Spots opportunities to initiate changes; Passionate about tech-driven businesses that make an impact (fintech environment)...
- Our culture will match with your ambitions if you are
- A team-player
- A born customer oriented
- Ambitious and dynamic: at Swile, sky’s the limit
- Autonomous, organized and resilient
- Reactive in a fast-paced environment and pleasant to work with
- Excellent interpersonal and editorial skills, with exceptional listening skills
- Passionate and curious: you are constantly on the lookout and like to interact with your peers
- We are Team-Players: We succeed as a team! Learning, growing and taking off together is what drives us on a daily basis
- We are Doers: Being creative, curious, and wanting to build things with a test and learn mindset, this is who we are!
- We move Fast: The ability to be organized, adaptable and innovative to keep up with technological advancements in the market!
- We Stay Hungry: Our ambition has no limit, and this requires humility, questioning, and the will to always set the bar higher!
- We are Ambassadors: As we are the first and daily users of our product, speaking about Swile gives us pride!
- We cherish our Values: Very committed, Swilers are passionate about maintaining our culture.
- Video interview: 30-45 minutes with TA
- Hiring manager interview: 60min with evaluation of soft/hard skills, teamfit, background, team/job information)
- Business Case: A live simulation
- Swilers interview: 60 minutes / During this stage all our Swilers can be called in and contribute to a skills assessment of candidates (focus on culture and values). Interviewers will be able to meet candidates without cognitive bias and have constructive feedback on their interpersonal skills and know-how. Involving all of our employees in the success of our hiring process is an integral part of our culture and values
- Final Round: 60 min
- Our hiring process lasts on average about 2 weeks, and offers usually come within 24 hours.
- We are proud to consider people from all backgrounds, regardless of their gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, or race.
- Every candidate will be treated equally in the recruitment process. Even if you don’t meet 100% of the requirements, please don’t hesitate to apply and tell us why you would be a good fit!