- Date Posted
- Jul. 6, 2021
- Software Engineering
Swile (swile.co) is a French start-up created in 2017 by French serial entrepreneur Loïc Soubeyrand : Swile offers digital solutions for employee rewards and benefits (meal/food vouchers and corporate gifts) through a card and an app that also helps foster engagement. We disrupted the traditional and outdated French paper meal voucher market and were able to gain significant traction. After mastering meal vouchers, Swile is now tackling new rewards and benefits (meal vouchers, corporate gifts, transportation and commuter benefits, vacation allowances and more) that will be stored and managed via a single account, card and app.
Our ambition is to enable employers to also improve their employees’ engagement and experience by recognising key moments and milestones of their lives at work. As such, celebrations (birthdays and work anniversaries), money pots, team events, P2P payments among coworkers are brought together in a single app.
As of today, we have raised €11 million (Series A) in 2018, €30 million (Series B) in 2019 and more recently, we completed a third round of fundraising (series C) of €70 million, spearheaded by Index Ventures. After an in-depth study of the growth potential for Swile across global markets, the company is poised to expand into the Brazilian market this year as Brazil is the world’s largest employee benefits market and more generally the perfect place to develop our new HR features namely our “Engagement” offer.
At Swile, the Innovation department (80 tech) is divided into 14 feature teams spread over our 4 Tribes :
- Corporate (our clients; B2B companies)
- Employees (our users; employees who use our app and the Swile card)
- Affiliates (our affiliate partners; restaurants / GMS brands / marketplace / e-commerce site, etc.)
- Core (our cross-functional teams; finance, payment, engineering efficiency, platform & security operations, etc.)
- Our technology is mainly made up of web developers experienced in Ruby / Ruby-on-Rails (40%) and JS Node & React (60%) technologies and frameworks, fullswift iOS mobile side and fullKotlin Android .The Swile platform is made up of several web applications and micro-services, each of which has its own database and API. Our infrastructure is hosted on AWS and described in Terraform, Packer and Ansible. We started a migration of all our apps to Kubernetes Joining Swile means working on a service with very high potential, which is deployed internationally (LATAM), and which involves real technical challenges; scalability, user traffic, B2B2C, payment…
- We are looking for a Senior SRE / Cloud Engineer!
Your team & Role: Attached to the CORE Tribe, you will join our Platform & Security Team (7 tech: 3 Devops/SRE, 1 Engineering Manager and 3 Security Engineer). Your team is engaged to design, build and operate our infrastructure system by a highly scalable and reliable platform with associating tooling. You’re working closely with other Tech teams (Backend, Data, Security, etc.) to craft and operate efficient, reliable, and scalable environments for customers and Swilers.
Your mission :
- Build and operate the shared infrastructure platform to support Swile’s growth, new products and international development (based on AWS and Kubernetes).
- Train, coach and support developers to enable feature-teams autonomy on DevOps practices (to deserve our “you build it, you run it” philosophy). Our motto is “give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and you feed him for a lifetime”.
- Perpetually improve the DevX (developer experience) by simplifying the CICD pipelines, by reducing the brakes on time to deliver, by automating everything that can be and that makes developers life better.
- Ensure control of technical debt and promote testing and quality practices even further (Infrastructure as Code).
- Participate in the team’s visibility inside and outside of Swile through your contributions, writings and talks.
- Contribute to the decision making of technologies and tools to be implemented.
- Participate in team meetings, on-call duties, agile ceremonies and roadmap construction.
- Ensure the coherence and consistency of cross-team developments.
- +3 years on cloud engineering at scale
- Fluent in Terraform AWS and Kubernetes
- Experience with CI/CD tools
- A preference to automate things rather than doing labor work
- An open mind, curious and always willing to improve
- Autonomy to work on his own but also teamplay spirit
- A customer focused mindset
- CKA certification is a bonus point
- Video screen: 20-30 minutes (Tech Recruiter x candidate)
- Hiring manager interview: 1 hour (evaluation of soft/hard skills, teamfit, background, team/job information) with Edouard DEVOUGE & Tech Recruiter
- Tech case: 1h30 case study and tech, tools, method & organization questions
- Swil’Interview: 45 minutes / During this stage all our Swilers can be called upon and contribute to the assessment of the skills of our candidates (focus on culture and values). The interviewers will be able to meet the candidates without cognitive bias and have constructive feedback on their interpersonal skills and know-how. Involving all of our employees in the success of our recruitments is an integral part of our culture and our values
- Final Round: 45 minutes / CTO or Tribe Director Interview