- United Kingdom
- Date Posted
- Dec. 26, 2021
- Business Development
In less than a year, Sylvera has secured investment from Europe’s top VC fund, built partnerships with some of the world’s biggest companies, carbon exchanges & academic institutions, and built an extraordinary team.
Sylvera is bringing transparency to the opaque voluntary carbon markets by using satellite data and machine learning algorithms to accurately assess the impact of carbon offset projects. This transparency will catalyse exponential growth in a market which is critical to addressing climate change.
What will I be doing?
Partnerships are an essential part of our immediate and our long-term success, and we are looking for an outstanding individual to deliver significant impact in this domain.
You will be working with our VP Commercial Development to identify, document, nurture, and commercialise partnerships with leading intermediaries, marketplaces, and in the carbon markets.
Responsibilities will include:
- Building highly productive relationships with our existing partners to achieve significant commercial milestones
- Identifying other partners who can deliver scalable impact for our business
- Creating, negotiating and documenting commercial structures that incentivise our partners to accelerate our growth
- Becoming an expert in all commercial aspects of the carbon markets - from key players, to market trends, prices, policy, and regulatory issues
- Partnering with our Marketing, Policy, and Product teams to enhance our reputation and maximise the value we offer to our clients and partners
We’re looking for someone who:
- Embraces ambiguity and loves finding solutions to knotty challenges
- Has strong strategic vision and detail-oriented execution focus
- Is highly autonomous and enjoys learning at pace
- Can demonstrate an outstanding track record of building lucrative partnerships from scratch in complex markets
- Benchmarked compensation in the top 25% of tech companies at our stage and equity package
- Unlimited annual leave
- Enhanced Mat/Pat leave
- Company Pension
- Monthly Team Lunches
- Up to 20 days paid sick leave
- £500 (gross) WFH allowance
- Access to Mental Health support
- Monthly team socials
- Remote GMT +/-2 (with access to an office in London if you want to come in)
- What if you’re a partial fit?
We prioritise grit, positivity, and the willingness to get stuck in, and encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn’t exactly match this job description.
Equal employment opportunity
Sylvera is an equal opportunity employer: we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.