- United Kingdom
- Date Posted
- Dec. 26, 2021
- Business Intelligence
In less than a year, Sylvera has built partnerships with the world-leading carbon exchanges, first-class academic institutions, secured investment from Europe’s top VC fund, and built an extraordinary team.
Sylvera is bringing transparency to the opaque voluntary carbon markets by using satellite data and machine learning algorithms to accurately assess the impact of carbon offset projects. This transparency will catalyse exponential growth in a market which is critical to addressing climate change.
What will I be doing?
Having found early product-market fit in a nascent, rapidly growing space, we’re now scaling our analytics teams at pace. We’re looking for mission-driven, GIS Analysts to join our GIS R&D function and innovate geospatial solutions with our ratings team.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Working with ratings teams to design and leverage a range of geospatial data into providing greater insights into carbon offset project quality
- Researching geospatial solutions with the understanding of when different solutions are appropriate for the needs of the rating framework
- Bringing a quantitative mindset to the design of ratings framework
- Contributing to the ongoing efforts to automate key analytics
- Working with the GIS production to scale proof-of-concept solutions
- Those who are successful will progress quickly, either as individual contributors or following a management path.
We’re looking for someone who:
- 2-5 years experience in Geospatial Data Scientist Role
- Has experience manipulating raster and vector data with Python
- Is comfortable using desktop GIS applications such as QGIS, ArcMap
- Has familiarity with data acquisition using APIs
- Has applied their skills to solve a wide range of problems
- Cares deeply about the climate and ecosystems of earth
- Is a self-starter who thrives in constantly evolving environments, ideally with early-stage start-up experience
- Has a positive attitude when it comes to problem-solving
- Has a pragmatic approach to getting things done
- Equity in a rapidly growing startup
- Tech needed to do your job
- Unlimited annual leave
- Enhanced Mat/Pat leave
- Company Pension
- Monthly Team Lunches
- Up to 20 days paid sick leave
- £500 (gross) WFH allowance
- Access to Mental Health support
- Monthly team social budget.
- Remote GMT +/-3 (with access to an office in London if you wanted to come in)
- What if you’re a partial fit?
We prioritise grit, positivity, and the willingness to get stuck in, and encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn’t exactly match this job description.
Equal employment opportunity
Sylvera is an equal opportunity employer: we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.