- United Kingdom
- Date Posted
- Jun. 22, 2021
- Design & UI
What is Sylvera anyway?
Sylvera is scaling carbon markets with software. Sylvera does this by applying advanced machine learning techniques to satellite data to quantify with unprecedented accuracy the amount of carbon stored in landscapes. We also provide a holistic picture of offset projects, providing people with the information they need to make informed decisions.
By providing transparency, Sylvera intends to underpin functioning voluntary carbon markets. This will allow the market to scale to keep the planet under 2C of warming and unlock huge co-benefits for nature and society.
What will I be doing?
The Digital Designer will maintain and help evolve the Sylvera brand and have ultimate responsibility for ensuring that all outward communication is on-brand and designed to an exceptional standard. The Digital Designer will work closely with the Sales and Marketing teams to create engaging design materials for several channels.
- Collaborate on, and maintain consistency for our proposal decks, pitching processes, and any other presentations to potential clients.
- Design high-quality marketing and social media content.
- Create visual rules and consistency in how we display and talk about our work and bring our product to life
- Expand our web presence; developing new aspects that reflect and build on our existing branding online
- Help to define the existing design elements of the Sylvera brand - establishing guidelines and continuing to evolve how we communicate externally and internally.
- Manage multiple projects and communication with several stakeholders with different timelines and expectations.
- The ability to translate complex and abstract concepts into visuals that are beautiful and easy to understand.
- Work closely with the product design to make sure all design materials are consistent.
What do I need?
- To care about the climate and ecosystems of Earth, and to want to change incentives so they get valued and protected.
- 3-5 years of digital design experience.
- Demonstrable experience in your portfolio that you can share and explain.
- Experience creating elegant data visualisation, infographics or similar.
- Razor-sharp attention to detail, on top of your exceptional typography and layout skills.
- A creative approach to responding to briefs - you’re able to think deeply and lead on ideas - exceeding expectations, rather than simply executing.
- Be comfortable using Figma or Adobe CS etc.
Brownie points for?
- Have experience working with video or motion graphics (Adobe Premiere or After Effects)
- Have worked with Webflow or similar
- Have worked on B2B SaaS products.
- Exposure to startup environments.
Equal employment opportunity
Sylvera is an equal opportunity employer: we value diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please include a link to your portfolio in the application.