- United Kingdom
- Date Posted
- Jan. 7, 2022
- Product Engineering
In less than a year, Sylvera has built partnerships with the world-leading carbon exchanges, first-class academic institutions, secured investment from Europe’s top VC fund, and built an extraordinary team.
Sylvera is bringing transparency to the opaque voluntary carbon markets by using satellite data and machine learning algorithms to accurately assess the impact of carbon offset projects. This transparency will catalyse exponential growth in a market which is critical to addressing climate change.
What will I be doing?
Having found early product-market fit in a nascent, rapidly growing space, we’re now scaling our product team at pace. We’re looking for a mission-driven, product manager to work closely with our machine learning team focused on carbon mapping. The role will be an opportunity to support a critical team in the company, to deploy ML models at scale.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Be the authority on the machine learning roadmap
- Work closely and communicate with other internal teams (Product, Engineering, Ratings) to ensure the roadmap aligns cross-functionally
- Support prioritisation of ML production pipeline to achieve the requirements defined by the Ratings team
- Responsible for scoping requirements for new models or upcoming product changes, and managing execution
- Collaborate with the production system PM to continually seek optimisation across the pipeline - from the initial data extraction to the model productionisation
- Those who are successful will progress quickly, either as individual contributors or following a management path.
We’re looking for someone who:
- 3+ years of product management experience (preferred experience with machine learning, AI teams)
- Experience shaping product direction and execution based on customer needs.
- Cares deeply about the climate, carbon markets and ecosystems of the earth
- Is a self-starter who thrives in constantly evolving environments
- Is confident working with a broad range of internal stakeholders and can synthesise/articulate complex problems into simple solutions
- Has exceptional attention to detail
- Equity in a rapidly growing startup
- Tech needed to do your job
- Unlimited annual leave + your birthday off
- Enhanced Mat/Pat leave
- Company Pension
- Monthly Team Lunches
- Up to 20 days paid sick leave
- £500 (gross) WFH allowance
- Access to Mental Health support
- Monthly team social budget
- Remote GMT +/-2 (with access to an office in London if you wanted to come in)
- What if you’re a partial fit?
We prioritise grit, positivity, and the willingness to get stuck in, and encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn’t exactly match this job description.
Equal employment opportunity
Sylvera is an equal opportunity employer: we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.