- Belgrade, RS
- Date Posted
- Jul. 6, 2021
- Research & Science
What is Sylvera anyway?
In less than a year, Sylvera has built a partnership with NASA, secured investment from Europe’s top VC fund, and built an extraordinary team.
Sylvera is bringing transparency to the opaque voluntary carbon markets by using satellite data and machine learning algorithms to accurately assess the performance of carbon offset projects. This transparency helps scale a global market primed for 15-100x growth in the coming 10 years.
What will I be doing?
As a Research Assistant you will be working closely with our global Ratings team to collect, analyse, and synthesise carbon offset project data. A successful candidate will embrace a fast-paced learning environment and a highly analytical role, using critical thinking to evaluate both quantitative and qualitative data. You will be capable of writing and presenting your research to support all aspects of the rating process.
What do I need?
- A masters degree in a STEM field and research experience
- Articulate and fluent communication in English
- Advanced Excel or Google Sheets skills
- Excellent attention to detail and a positive attitude
- Willingness to ask questions and escalate where concerns are not resolved
- A passion for climate justice and a desire to ensure nature is properly valued and protected
- Competitive salary, equity in a fast growing startup and a local benefits package
- Full training from the current climate analytics team
- Exposure to cutting edge geospatial and climate models
- Experience working on a cross functional and collaborative team