- Date Posted
- Aug. 16, 2021
- Software Engineering
Our mission is to make the economy sustainable with data, and we’re starting by scaling carbon markets with software, by developing tools to rate carbon offsets including quantifying stocks of carbon stored in vegetation using AI applied to satellite data.
Using current quantification techniques, it is impossible to provide accurate and regular data on the performance of forestry projects, which leads to issues with corruption, fraud and uncertainty. This leads to significant financial and reputational risk for corporates purchasing offsets and makes it hard for high quality forest projects to secure fair prices and low cost finance at large scale.
By providing a quantitative sequestration audit trail and associated risk ratings, Sylvera intends to underpin effective voluntary carbon markets. This will allow the market to scale to keep the planet under 2C of warming, and unlock huge co benefits for nature and society.
What’s my impact?
- Leading the development of the API as a product for external and internal users and own a material part of the product’s execution.
- Working with our founders and engineering team to build products with the goal of delighting and increasing the success of our users.
- Getting the results of our proprietary machine learning algorithms to our users
- Architecting, building, testing, and releasing API product features.
What do I need?
- Has built external facing APIs and produced user friendly documentatioun
- Solid AWS experience
- Willingness to learn and use new technologies.
- Product oriented and cares about the needs of the user
- Has worked with geospatial or mapping data
- Cares about the future of the planet and wants to solve climate change in the most high leverage way possible
Feel free to apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. As long as you’re a quick learner, and are excited about changing the carbon markets for the better, we’re happy to support you as you come up to speed with our tech stack.
Our Tech Stack
- Node/Express* OR Python/FastAPI*
- Github, CircleCI, Swagger
- for this role
Equal Employment Opportunity
Sylvera is an equal opportunity employer: we genuinely value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.