- Date Posted
- Sep. 7, 2021
- Business Intelligence
Every year millions of people are either filing their taxes in fear or giving up on their tax refund altogether. We’re working on fixing that. Our intuitive app enables anyone, regardless of education or background, to file their taxes with newfound confidence.
Spread across Berlin and Madrid, Team Taxfix is a compassionate group of solution-finders. We speak our minds openly, and with 350+ professionals from 45+ different nationalities, we’re rich in ideas and voices. In four years, we’ve raised over 100 million euros in funding and helped people reclaim more than 900 million euros.
As a Business Intelligence Developer, you will take Taxfix data-driven culture and self-service data solutions to the next level. In this role, you will be closely working with our business and engineering departments to enable Taxfix to make data-informed decisions with self-serve data solutions at scale. You will be responsible for Taxfix Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence tools and contribute significantly to our data-driven culture.
The Data Analytics Team enables everyone in the organisation to make data-driven decisions and drive business growth. We’re committed to data democratisation, scalability, and actionable insights.
With a team of BI and DWH developers, Data Analysts, and Machine Learning Engineers, we’re building tools and methodologies for data discoverability, accessibility, and reliability. By using Segmenet_io, Firebase, Snowflake, Python, Airflow, Metabase, Looker, Notebooks and many other tools, we’re able to reach our ambitious goals.
Our team members possess a unique combination of technical skills, business understanding, and healthy communication. We can rely on each other to deliver our best and are committed to personal development via knowledge sharing, through mentoring and innovation days.
- Understand the data user’s needs and requirement
- Design complex data models
- Take care of data integration and database management
- Implement data quality and monitor our data warehouse
- Support and maintain existing BI solutions and resolve bugs as they arise
- Develop dashboards and descriptive analytics solutions
- Take full ownership over your projects from the idea generation, requirement gathering, and successful implementation
- Strong analytical skills and a background in statistics, information technology, or computer science.
- Strong SQL skills are a must
- Experience in building DWH, ETL and BI development with strong DWH modeling skills
- Experience with cloud Data Warehouse (Snowflake, BigQuery) and BI solutions (Looker, Tableau, Sisense, etc.) and orchestration solution (Airflow, Jenkins) are a plus
- Data quality and monitoring of best practice
- Good communication skills to share complex ideas in a clear and simple language
- A solid understanding of key business metrics.
- A team player and don’t mind “getting your hands dirty“ to support others.
- A chance to do meaningful, people-centric work with an international team of passionate professionals.
- Holistic wellbeing with mental health coaching sessions, a discounted membership to Urban Sports Club, and supplemental child care support.
- Employee stock options for all employees—because everyone deserves to benefit from the success they help to create.
- The freedom to work from home or our modern office—plus healthy drinks and snacks when you do come in.
- Full trust to take ownership of your work in a flat hierarchy where feedback is encouraged and expected.
- Work with the best and learn from other competent and brilliant people.
- Have a four-legged friend in your life? We’re happy to have dogs join us in the office.
- Excited? So are we. Learn more about Team Taxfix on our blog and get a glimpse of our culture below:
At Taxfix, we believe that incredible things happen when you have a wealth of perspectives and experiences. We’re proudly committed to equal employment and development opportunities no matter your gender, race, religion, age, sexual orientation, colour, disability, or place of origin. To help mitigate any potential unconscious biases, we ask that you refrain from including your picture, age, or marital status on your CV. Let your experiences speak for themselves.
Not sure if you meet all the requirements for this role? Please apply anyways. You might bring something special to the team that we hadn’t previously considered.