- Date Posted
- Oct. 25, 2021
- Data Science
Every year millions of people are either filing their taxes in fear or giving up on their tax refund altogether. We’re working on fixing that. Our intuitive app enables anyone, regardless of education or background, to file their taxes with newfound confidence.
Spread across Berlin and Madrid, Team Taxfix is a compassionate group of solution-finders. We speak our minds openly, and with 350+ professionals from 45+ different nationalities, we’re rich in ideas and voices. In four years, we’ve raised over 100 million euros in funding and helped people reclaim more than 900 million euros.
As a Staff Data Analyst for Growth with a focus on Brand and Budget you will work closely together with our Brand Marketing team to implement and drive a data informed way of working. You also will collaborate closely with our CMO, VP and the Heads to drive strategic and budget decisions and create a holistic understanding of our Marketing efforts. As a Staff Data Analyst you will be a role model for other Analysts and have an active impact on shaping and improving Analytics at Taxfix.
The Data Analytics Team enables everyone in the organisation to make data-driven decisions and drive business growth. We’re committed to data democratisation, scalability, and actionable insights. With a team of Data Analysts ranging from Growth Analytics to Operations, Finance and Product Analytics, BI and DWH Developers and Machine Learning Engineers, we’re building tools and methodologies for data discoverability, accessibility, and reliability. By using Segment, Firebase, Adjust, Snowflake, Python, Airflow, dbt, Looker, Metabase, Notebooks and many other tools, we’re able to reach our ambitious goals. Our team members possess a unique combination of technical skills, business understanding, and healthy communication. We can rely on each other to deliver our best and are committed to personal development via knowledge sharing, through mentoring and innovation days.
- Create and drive an understanding of Data Availability around Brand Marketing within Taxfix: define requirements and create prototypes
- Define and own the quantification of Brand activities and their impact
- Create Impact Analysis/Measurements on our Brand Activities (TV, OOH, Inlays, Youtube, Partnerships, Podcast, etc)
- Create a holistic view on Marketing which includes Brand, e.g an Attribution to include Offline activities
- Be the Data Partner for the Brand Team and Marketing Leadership, work closely with them in order to drive data fluency and a data informed way of working
- Strategic Recommendations and decision supporting solutions on overall Marketing Budget including Marketing Mix Model, Adstock Measuring, Cannibalization Effects, Incrementality Testing and other things, you will drive and create this
- Be an expert on technologies and methodologies and drive improvements
- Mentor Analysts and be a role model for others
- 4+ years of analytical experience ideally in Marketing or Growth Analytics
- Ability to be a business and sparring partner, good communication and storytelling skills, strategic and business thinking in order to partner with Marketing colleagues from all levels
- Experimentation skills with a focus on incrementality Testing and A/B Testing
- Very good knowledge of different analytical methods, performance measurement, business reporting
- Proficiency in SQL including at least a basic understanding of ETL and DWH data modelling
- Experience in Python or R including packages such as Pandas, NumPy, Scikit-learn, Statsmodels, etc
- Knowledge of Regression Analysis and Forecasting, especially MediaMix Modelling
- Knowledge of the Marketing stack, tools and solutions
- Experience with Stakeholder management and Project Management
- Experience with Leadership, leading without authority, and Mentoring is a plus
- Experience with B2C organisation, experience in Fintech industry or StartUp/ScaleUp is plus
- A chance to do meaningful, people-centric work with an international team of passionate professionals.
- Holistic wellbeing with mental health coaching sessions, a discounted membership to Urban Sports Club, and supplemental child care support.
- Employee stock options for all employees—because everyone deserves to benefit from the success they help to create.
- The freedom to work from home or our modern office—plus healthy drinks and snacks when you do come in.
- Full trust to take ownership of your work in a flat hierarchy where feedback is encouraged and expected.
- Work with the best and learn from other competent and brilliant people.
- Have a four-legged friend in your life? We’re happy to have dogs join us in the office.
- Excited? So are we. Learn more about Team Taxfix on our blog and get a glimpse of our culture below:
At Taxfix, we believe that incredible things happen when you have a wealth of perspectives and experiences. We’re proudly committed to equal employment and development opportunities no matter your gender, race, religion, age, sexual orientation, colour, disability, or place of origin. To help mitigate any potential unconscious biases, we ask that you refrain from including your picture, age, or marital status on your CV. Let your experiences speak for themselves.
Not sure if you meet all the requirements for this role? Please apply anyways. You might bring something special to the team that we hadn’t previously considered.