- Date Posted
- Jun. 22, 2021
- Design & UI
Every year millions of people are either filing their taxes in fear or giving up on their tax refund altogether. We’re working on fixing that. Our intuitive app enables anyone, regardless of education or background, to file their taxes with newfound confidence.
Spread across Berlin and Madrid, Team Taxfix is a compassionate group of solution-finders. We speak our minds openly, and with 250+ professionals from 40 different nationalities, we’re rich in ideas and voices. In four years, we’ve raised over 100 million euros in funding and helped people reclaim more than 500 million euros.
You will help create a great user experience that makes it clear and easy for users to complete tasks, give them confidence to overcome any challenges, and provides them with a tool anyone can use to file their taxes.
As the Product Designer on a cross functional team you will work in close collaboration with a Product Manager to deeply understand the problems customers have, prototype ways to solve the problems, and ultimately bring solutions into development. With a flat project team hierarchy you are encouraged to take ownership and creative control of your work, thereby controlling your own personal development focus.
- Create user flows, future user journeys and design concepts
- Design across mobile app, web app and additional journey touchpoints, while maintaining a consistent approach of interaction patterns
- Create new components, maintaining and expanding the design library, ensure it is documented and explained to others
- Take input from business goals, product requirements, research and testing insights into the design concepts.
- Create prototypes to run usability tests and validate concepts with customers.
- Collaborate with other disciplines such as UX researchers, product managers, engineers and content designers to design a great user experience for our customers
- Work with the interaction design lead to scale the design system
- Deliver against tight seasonal deadlines working with quarterly OKRs
- 3+ years of experience in a design role (UX designer, interaction design, UI designer, product designer)
- You are able to work with complex problems and systems, understand and communicate the problem users face, and design simple solutions
- Passion for design and are engaged with what is happening in the design community
- Very collaborative in a team-based environment, vocal and confident.
- Experience in user testing, usability best practices and accessibility standards
- Experience with experimentation and hypothesis drive design is a plus
- Able to explain design concepts verbally as well showcase work to the team
- Excellent verbal and written command of English, German is an advantage
- Please don’t forget to send us your portfolio.
- A chance to do meaningful, people-centric work with an international team of passionate professionals.
- Holistic wellbeing with free mental health coaching sessions, yoga, and a discounted membership to Urban Sports Club.
- A monthly allowance to spend on home support services, including childcare, housekeeping, pet sitting, tutoring, and elderly care.
- Employee stock options for all employees—because everyone deserves to benefit from the success they help to create.
- Dedicated relocation and visa support for those that need it.
- Choose to work from home or our modern office when needed—plus healthy drinks and snacks when you do come in.
- 27 annual vacation days and flexible working hours.
- Full trust to take ownership of your work in a flat hierarchy where feedback is encouraged and expected.
- A generous learning budget to support your personal and professional development and guidance from our internal L&D experts.
- Work from abroad for up to one month every year. Just align with your team, and then enjoy your trip.
- Free tax declaration filing, of course, through the Taxfix app—and internal support for all personal tax-related questions.
- Have a four-legged friend in your life? We’re happy to have dogs join us in the office.
- Excited? So are we. Learn more about Team Taxfix on our blog and get a glimpse of our culture below:
At Taxfix, we don’t just accept diversity—we celebrate it. We’re proudly committed to equal employment opportunities no matter your gender, race, religion, age, sexual orientation, colour, disability, or place of origin. We cherish each person’s individual contribution to our overall identity, purpose, and goals. Join us!