- Date Posted
- Jun. 22, 2021
- Design & UI
Every year millions of people are either filing their taxes in fear or giving up on their tax refund altogether. We’re working on fixing that. Our intuitive app enables anyone, regardless of education or background, to file their taxes with newfound confidence.
Spread across Berlin and Madrid, Team Taxfix is a compassionate group of solution-finders. We speak our minds openly, and with 250+ professionals from 40 different nationalities, we’re rich in ideas and voices. In four years, we’ve raised over 100 million euros in funding and helped people reclaim more than 500 million euros.
As a Content Designer, your role will be to translate complex tax topics into an easy-to-understand copy. You will work together with tax experts, UX designers, product managers, and engineers to devise and craft a clear, concise, and intuitive experience for our users.
In this role, you’ll combine copywriting skills with a passion for user experience to improve the design and usability of our product that is used by thousands of users.
- Work closely with the New Service Lines Team to fully design all information architecture for our extended financial service offerings
- Design content screens that are not only visually appealing, but also read and feel culturally relevant for the German market
- Collaborate with designers, engineers and product managers to create empowering user experiences through excellent information architecture
- Work cross-functionally to seamlessly integrate users needs with the goals of both your teams and the business
- Ensure consistency of Tone & Voice in all projects and initiatives
- Audit and revise all existing content to ensure continuous improvement
- Discover new ways to use data and research to validate recommendations and measure the efficacy of your content within your teams and it’s business impact
- Create and help maintain writing guidelines that are in line with our brand
- Work as an important part of the Design Department to raise content standards throughout the product organization
- You have a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in professional copywriting (UX/product with experience in UX design and/or information architecture preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree in research, communication, design, sociology, marketing or a related discipline (preferred but not mandatory)
- Able to tackle complex, interconnected challenges and prioritize workload
- Basic understanding of and interest in financial services (experience in Fintech preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to navigate ambiguity to provide clarity in language
- A love of both strategy and hands-on writing and editing
- Ability to collaborate in a participatory, team-based environment and support and inspire teams through collaboration as well as direction and vision
- An ability to understand the value of great content within a business context and advocate for best practices amongst multiple senior stakeholders
- Able to proactively contribute to the design, testing and iteration of our product
- A team player who is passionate about creating a great user experience
- Enthusiasm for high quality user experiences and the desire to teach others about its importance
- English language proficiency at a professional level, and German at a native level
- A chance to do meaningful, people-centric work with an international team of passionate professionals.
- Holistic wellbeing with free mental health coaching sessions, yoga, and a discounted membership to Urban Sports Club.
- A monthly allowance to spend on home support services, including childcare, housekeeping, pet sitting, tutoring, and elderly care.
- Employee stock options for all employees—because everyone deserves to benefit from the success they help to create.
- Choose to work from home or our modern office when needed—plus healthy drinks and snacks when you do come in.
- 27 annual vacation days and flexible working hours.
- Full trust to take ownership of your work in a flat hierarchy where feedback is encouraged and expected.
- A generous learning budget to support your personal and professional development and guidance from our internal L&D experts.
- Work from abroad for up to one month every year. Just align with your team, and then enjoy your trip.
- Free tax declaration filing, of course, through the Taxfix app—and internal support for all personal tax-related questions.
- Have a four-legged friend in your life? We’re happy to have dogs join us in the office.
- Excited? So are we. Learn more about Team Taxfix on our blog and get a glimpse of our culture below:
At Taxfix, we don’t just accept diversity—we celebrate it. We’re proudly committed to equal employment opportunities no matter your gender, race, religion, age, sexual orientation, colour, disability, or place of origin. We cherish each person’s individual contribution to our overall identity, purpose, and goals. Join us!