- Date Posted
- Jul. 6, 2021
- Design & UI
Every year millions of people are either filing their taxes in fear or giving up on their tax refund altogether. We’re working on fixing that. Our intuitive app enables anyone, regardless of education or background, to file their taxes with newfound confidence.Spread across Berlin and Madrid, Team Taxfix is a compassionate group of solution-finders. We speak our minds openly, and with 250+ professionals from 40 different nationalities, we’re rich in ideas and voices. In four years, we’ve raised over 100 million euros in funding and helped people reclaim more than 500 million euros.
At Taxfix, we want to forward the evolution and maturity of our product by earning greater trust from our customers. You will be joining a growing multidisciplinary human-centred design team including product and content designers who are passionate about meeting customer needs. You will collaborate closely with researchers, product managers, designers, data analysts, tax experts, and many others to solve complex challenges and craft powerful experiences that highlight our products’ unique capabilities.
At Taxfix, we want to evolve our products and services based on the needs of our customers and prospective customers. As a UX Researcher, your role is to find out what consumers need from Taxfix, understanding their motivation to use our products, as well as their behaviors and pain points associated with tax filing. You will work with cross-functional teams such as Group Product Managers, PMs, Country Managers and Designers to frame your research and ensure your insights inspire and inform the direction of our products and services.
You’ll work closely with the Group Product Manager, the Country Manager, Designers and PMs to help prioritize, plan and execute research with the German Product Group.
- Define the overall research strategy and scope for your product group
- Prioritize your research efforts, aligning with Group Product Managers, Country Managers and Product Teams on their mid- to long-term goals, the broader Group vision, and company objectives
- Initiate, plan and conduct strategic research within your product group, building foundational knowledge to inspire and inform mid- to long-term group strategy and product roadmaps
- Analyze, synthesize and share research insights that surface opportunity areas and drive the conception of creative solutions
- Provide support to PMs and Designers conducting tactical research, ensuring they are confident and following research processes and best practices
- 5+ years experience with UX Research or related field
- Bachelor or Masters Degree in anthropology, sociology, human-computer interaction, or a related discipline
- Fluency in German and English are mandatory
- Very strong prioritization skills to balance feasibility with time and resource constraints, distinguishing critical from non-critical issues
- Demonstrated ability to not only navigate ambiguity, but lead the team through it
- Able to collaborate in participatory, team-based environment and support and inspire teams through collaboration as well as direction and vision
- Strong verbal and visual presentation skills, with a portfolio that demonstrates it
- Experience with research tools such as UserTesting.com, Dovetail, and UserInterviews.com is a bonus
- A chance to do meaningful, people-centric work with an international team of passionate professionals.
- Holistic wellbeing with mental health coaching sessions, a discounted membership to Urban Sports Club, and supplemental child care support.
- Employee stock options for all employees—because everyone deserves to benefit from the success they help to create.
- Dedicated relocation and visa support for those that need it.
- Choose to work from home or our modern office when needed—plus healthy drinks and snacks when you do come in.
- Plenty of opportunities to socialise as a team. In addition to internal tech meetups, our international team hosts regular get-togethers—virtually and in person when possible.
- Work from abroad for up to one month every year. Just align with your team, and then enjoy your trip.
- Excited? So are we. Learn more about Team Taxfix on our blog and get a glimpse of our culture below:
At Taxfix, we don’t just accept diversity—we celebrate it. We’re proudly committed to equal employment opportunities no matter your gender, race, religion, age, sexual orientation, colour, disability, or place of origin. We cherish each person’s individual contribution to our overall identity, purpose, and goals. Join us!