- Date Posted
- Aug. 16, 2021
Every year millions of people are either filing their taxes in fear or giving up on their tax refund altogether. We’re working on fixing that. Our intuitive app enables anyone, regardless of education or background, to file their taxes with newfound confidence.
Spread across Berlin and Madrid, Team Taxfix is a compassionate group of solution-finders. We speak our minds openly, and with 250+ professionals from 40 different nationalities, we’re rich in ideas and voices. In four years, we’ve raised over 100 million euros in funding and helped people reclaim more than 500 million euros.
As our Head of Accounting, Treasury & Tax within the Finance Team, you will set up the finance administration of Taxfix for scalable growth. Reporting to our VP of Finance and collaborating with our Project Team, the FP&A Team, and numerous stakeholders on the senior leadership team, you’ll drive automation in accounting. By building robust structures for managing our cash and optimising our taxes across the group, you’ll help us get ready for the next stage of our growth journey.
In Finance, we prioritise automation over hiring. With a lean team of three accountants, we have successfully implemented a group-wide ERP system and passed our first financial audit for FY 2020. We strongly believe accounting should be a key enabler for organisational steering. Accurate forecasting, internal controls, and a culture of frugality through expense monitoring and budgets all start with accounting. Therefore, accounting is more than an administrative backbone but rather a business partner at Taxfix. Everybody on the team has an in-depth understanding of our business and can partner with and challenge stakeholders across all seniority levels.
- Act as a competent contact person for internal teams as well as for external partners such as banks, auditors, tax consultants, and insurance companies on all matters related to the financial administration of Taxfix.
- Support the documentation of accounting processes according to legal requirements as well as the account assignment and booking of current expenses and income.
- Assume full responsibility for the preparation of monthly and annual financial statements.
- Drive the optimization and automation of our accounting systems.
- Reduce FX and interest costs and mitigate risks.
- Build a world-class team covering all aspects of accounting, treasury, and tax.
- Implement IFRS reporting across the entire group.
- Minimum five years of work experience in an audit firm (big four is a plus).
- Exposure to both financial consulting and assurance.
- Previous work experience in a scale-up environment is a plus but not required.
- You have a comprehensive grasp of IFRS and HGB.
- You have leadership experience at least of project teams, ideally in a long-term context.
- You know how to choose and negotiate with external vendors such as consultants or software providers.
- You have strong project management skills and are able to interact with stakeholders well beyond the reach of finance; especially auditors and consultants.
- You are looking forward to financial audits as an opportunity to grow.
- You have a burning curiosity for the drivers behind the business you work with.
- You have a flexible mindset that you like to adjust to the environment you’re working in.
- A chance to do meaningful, people-centric work with an international team of passionate professionals.
- Holistic wellbeing with free mental health coaching sessions, yoga, and a discounted membership to Urban Sports Club.
- A monthly allowance to spend on home support services, including childcare, housekeeping, pet sitting, tutoring, and elderly care.
- Employee stock options for all employees—because everyone deserves to benefit from the success they help to create.
- Dedicated relocation and visa support for those that need it.
- Choose to work from home or our modern office when needed—plus healthy drinks and snacks when you do come in.
- 27 annual vacation days and flexible working hours.
- Full trust to take ownership of your work in a flat hierarchy where feedback is encouraged and expected.
- A generous learning budget to support your personal and professional development and guidance from our internal L&D experts.
- Work from abroad for up to one month every year. Just align with your team, and then enjoy your trip.
- Plenty of opportunities to socialise as a team. In addition to internal meetups, our international team hosts regular get-togethers—virtually and in person when possible.
- Free tax declaration filing, of course, through the Taxfix app—and internal support for all personal tax-related questions.
- Have a four-legged friend in your life? We’re happy to have dogs join us in the office.
- At Taxfix, we don’t just accept diversity—we celebrate it. We’re proudly committed to equal employment opportunities no matter your gender, race, religion, age, sexual orientation, colour, disability, or place of origin. We cherish each person’s individual contribution to our overall identity, purpose, and goals. Join us!