- Date Posted
- Sep. 29, 2021
Every year millions of people are either filing their taxes in fear or giving up on their tax refund altogether. We’re working on fixing that. Our intuitive app enables anyone, regardless of education or background, to file their taxes with newfound confidence.
Spread across Berlin and Madrid, Team Taxfix is a compassionate group of solution-finders. We speak our minds openly, and with 300+ professionals from 45+ different nationalities, we’re rich in ideas and voices. In four years, we’ve raised over 100 million euros in funding and helped people reclaim more than 900 million euros.
As our Junior Financial Analyst (d/f/m) within the Finance team, you will support the finance team with in-depth analyses and the entire senior leadership team with cost controlling and reporting efforts. Reporting to our Team Lead FP&A and collaborating with our Team Lead Accounting and everyone on the senior leadership team you’ll quickly dive into the financial details of Taxfix to help us become more cost-efficient and provide actionable, forward-looking insights to our CFO.
- Preparing and monitoring of business, liquidity and budget planning to ensure that we always keep our goals in sight.
- Supporting to create financial documentation to board meeting preparation and fundraising rounds.
- Supporting the financial planning process including customer acquisition, staff and OpEx planning.
- Supporting to create financial reports on a monthly basis for internal and external stakeholders
- Conducting ad-hoc analysis and creating in-depth business insights as a foundation for strategic decisions
- Work closely with the data team to facilitate delivering financial dashboards to different stakeholders
- You have gained at least 1 year experience in a fast-paced start-up, consulting and/or investment banking environment.
- You are safe in the usage of fundamental excel functions (VLOOKUP, INDEX, PIVOT etc.).
- You know how build clean and comprehensive charts in PowerPoint.
- You consider yourself as numbers-driven, you get excited about digital business/financial models.
- You are always curious to learn new things.
- You have a problem-solving nature with the ability to think outside the box.
- You are familiar with customer cohorts, lifetime value and marketing ROI is a plus.
- You are a good communicator, both verbally and written
- You love challenge the status quo and come up with constructive solutions.
- A chance to do meaningful, people-centric work with an international team of passionate professionals.
- Holistic wellbeing with free mental health coaching sessions, yoga, and a discounted membership to Urban Sports Club.
- A monthly allowance to spend on home support services, including childcare, housekeeping, pet sitting, tutoring, and elderly care.
- Employee stock options for all employees—because everyone deserves to benefit from the success they help to create.
- 27 annual vacation days and flexible working hours.
- Full trust to take ownership of your work in a flat hierarchy where feedback is encouraged and expected.
- A generous learning budget to support your personal and professional development and guidance from our internal L&D experts.
- Work from abroad for up to one month every year. Just align with your team, and then enjoy your trip.
- Plenty of opportunities to socialise as a team. In addition to internal meetups, our international team hosts regular get-togethers—virtually and in person when possible.
- Free tax declaration filing, of course, through the Taxfix app—and internal support for all personal tax-related questions.
- Have a four-legged friend in your life? We’re happy to have dogs join us in the office.
- Excited? So are we. Learn more about Team Taxfix on our blog and get a glimpse of our culture below:
At Taxfix, we believe that incredible things happen when you have a wealth of perspectives and experiences. We’re proudly committed to equal employment and development opportunities no matter your gender, race, religion, age, sexual orientation, colour, disability, or place of origin. To help mitigate any potential unconscious biases, we ask that you refrain from including your picture, age, or marital status on your CV. Let your experiences speak for themselves.
Not sure if you meet all the requirements for this role? Please apply anyways. You might bring something special to the team that we hadn’t previously considered.