- Date Posted
- Nov. 16, 2021
Every year millions of people are either filing their taxes in fear or giving up on their tax refund altogether. We’re working on fixing that. Our intuitive app enables anyone, regardless of education or background, to file their taxes with newfound confidence.
Spread across Berlin and Madrid, Team Taxfix is a compassionate group of solution-finders. We speak our minds openly, and with 350+ professionals from 45+ different nationalities, we’re rich in ideas and voices. In five years, we’ve raised over 100 million euros in funding and helped people reclaim more than one billion euros.
As our Senior Compliance Manager, you will build a comprehensive risk management concept for the entire business. Reporting to our General Counsel, you will promote a prudent risk culture, identifying risks and with deliberate decision making. You will work closely with the management team and teams across the business, making a meaningful contribution to Taxfix’s mission in this business-critical function.
- You will be the first point of contact for all risk and compliance topics and shape the company’s view and approach to risk management.
- You will create a comprehensive risk management system for the entire business, working with all types of teams across the business.
- You will establish robust processes as well as conduct risk assessments company wide.
- You will evaluate and assess our enterprise risk profile.
- You will work closely with stakeholders across the business to promote risk-informed decision making.
- You will conduct trainings and drive key initiatives in relation to compliance company-wide.
- You have a proven track record and experience with Compliance and enterprise risk management.
- You have solid knowledge of data protection regulations and, ideally, anti money laundering regulations as well as financial services.
- You have previous experience driving compliance projects in a financial services or e-commerce environment.
- You thrive working cross-functionally across a business, educating and guiding teams with risk management and compliance topics.
- You possess excellent written and verbal English skills, German, French or Italian language skills is a plus.
- You are curious to understand the business and explore compliance solutions.
Nice to have’s -
- Understanding and knowledge with data protection.
- Previous experience working in a startup / scale up environment.
- A chance to do meaningful, people-centric work with an international team of passionate professionals.
- Holistic wellbeing with free mental health coaching sessions, yoga, and a discounted membership to Urban Sports Club.
- A monthly allowance to spend on home support services, including childcare, housekeeping, pet sitting, tutoring, and elderly care.
- Employee stock options for all employees—because everyone deserves to benefit from the success they help to create.
- Full trust to take ownership of your work in a flat hierarchy where feedback is encouraged and expected.
- A generous learning budget to support your personal and professional development and guidance from our internal L&D experts.
- Work from abroad for up to six weeks every year. Just align with your team, and then enjoy your trip.
- Have a four-legged friend in your life? We’re happy to have dogs join us in the office.