- Date Posted
- Jun. 1, 2021
- Product Management
- Financial Services
Every year millions of people are either filing their taxes in fear or giving up on their tax refund altogether. We’re working on fixing that. Our intuitive app enables anyone, regardless of education or background, to file their taxes with newfound confidence.
Spread across Berlin and Madrid, Team Taxfix is a compassionate group of solution-finders. We speak our minds openly, and with 250+ professionals from 40 different nationalities, we’re rich in ideas and voices. In four years, we’ve raised over 100 million euros in funding and helped people reclaim more than 400 million euros.
At Taxfix, we want to forward the evolution and maturity of our product by earning greater trust from our customers. You will be joining a growing multidisciplinary human-centred design team including product and content designers who are passionate about meeting customer needs. You will collaborate closely with data analysts, product managers, software engineers, tax specialists and many others to solve complex challenges and craft powerful experiences that highlight our products’ unique capabilities.
We understand great design is born out of great research. Being a Market Researcher at Taxfix means that you will work in close collaboration with data analysts, product teams and your research team members towards bringing qualitative and quantitative data closer together to enable insights-driven strategies and decisions. You will work closely with your fellow researchers and product teams to help design research plans and undertake research either in partnership with data analysts, product managers, or independently. You will draw out key insights that help our teams identify opportunities to expand our product, grow our user base, and better serve our current users through our web and mobile products.
- Scope, design and carry out mixed-methods research to uncover users’ and non-users’ perceptions and behaviors throughout their experiences;
- Support product teams in planning, designing, launching, and analysing surveys to provide a sense of scale and causation to research insights;
- Collaborate with our Data Analytics team to identify quantitative insights that inform new hypotheses and plans for high-impact research;
- Define and measure quantitative UX goals and metrics in collaboration with Designers, Researchers, Data Analysts, and Product Managers;
- Collaborate with other insights-generating functions and colleagues to integrate market insights, with customer insights
- Coach and upskill non-researchers by proactively sharing expertise, techniques, and knowledge.
- Degree in Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, Human-Computer Interaction, Statistics or a related field;
- 5+ years of relevant experience in an applied market research setting;
- Strong experience scoping and running multi-method market research studies, with emphasis on complex survey design, sampling frames, and significance testing;
- Experience in quantitative research methods and experiment design. Experience using relevant data tools like R, SQL, or Python is a bonus;
- Confidence working with, and discussing statistical analysis, with a strong ability to justify methodological choices with specialists, as well as non-specialists in clear, plain language;
- Able to tackle complex, interconnected challenges and prioritise workload across multiple teams, distinguishing between ‘good’ and ‘great’ to push boundaries and explore new market opportunities;
- Strong verbal, presentation and data visualization skills, with a portfolio that demonstrates it;
- Excellent English and German language skills.
- A chance to do meaningful, people-centric work with an international team of passionate professionals.
- Holistic wellbeing with mental health coaching sessions, a discounted membership to Urban Sports Club, and supplemental child care support.
- Employee stock options for all employees—because everyone deserves to benefit from the success they help to create.
- Choose to work from home or our modern office when needed—plus healthy drinks and snacks when you do come in.
- 27 annual vacation days and flexible working hours.
- Full trust to take ownership of your work in a flat hierarchy where feedback is encouraged and expected.
- A generous learning budget to support your personal and professional development and guidance from our internal L&D experts.
- Plenty of opportunities to socialise as a team. In addition to internal meetups, our international team hosts regular get-togethers—virtually and in person when possible.
- Free tax declaration filing, of course, through the Taxfix app—and internal support for all personal tax-related questions.
- Have a four-legged friend in your life? We’re happy to have dogs join us in the office.
At Taxfix, we don’t just accept diversity—we celebrate it. We’re proudly committed to equal employment opportunities no matter your gender, race, religion, age, sexual orientation, colour, disability, or place of origin. We cherish each person’s individual contribution to our overall identity, purpose, and goals. Join us!