- Date Posted
- Dec. 1, 2021
- Software Engineering
Every year millions of people are either filing their taxes in fear or giving up on their tax refund altogether. We’re working on fixing that. Our intuitive app enables anyone, regardless of education or background, to file their taxes with newfound confidence.
Spread across Berlin and Madrid, Team Taxfix is a compassionate group of solution-finders. We speak our minds openly, and with 350+ professionals from 45+ different nationalities, we’re rich in ideas and voices. In four years, we’ve raised over 100 million euros in funding and helped people reclaim more than one billion euros.
The mission of Taxfix’s Data Platform team is to create data infrastructure and data tooling to enable all data users at Taxfix to fulfil their tooling needs in an agile, secure and scalable way.
We are looking for a passionate and experience Engineering Manager to join and lead the team.
- Work closely with Product Managers, Software Engineers, Analytics Engineers, Data Analysts and Data Scientists to understand priorities, plan and execute the product roadmap.
- Work with data engineers to ensure clear direction and successful execution of the overall product roadmap.
- Be responsible for the success and personal growth of all engineers working within your team.
- Grow a strong team culture that cultivates a collaborative, transparent and inclusive work environment.
- Be responsible for ensuring the right engineering work environment (e.g. tools, documentation, processes), and contribute to a shared technical vision that embrace the beauty of simplicity in software design.
- Own the recruiting process of new engineers in the team and ensure we acquire best talents.
- Stay up to date with the latest technologies
- Technology background - You must have 5+ years of experience working in software engineering, and have experience working with cloud technologies and SaaS platforms.
- Excellent knowledge on SQL, Python and data pipelining skills. Knowledge of spark is a plus
- Experience in streaming solutions such as Segment.io, kinesis or kafka.
- Management skill - You have 3+ years of experience in a management role, responsible for a team of at least 5 members.
- People leadership - You enjoy working with people, and have a track record for building and leading teams in a motivated and dynamic environment.
- Be result-oriented -You set clear goals and metrics, shape strategies, and align the team on the right path to success.
- You are pragmatic - Have strong positive attitude, and you can overcome challenges with passion and creativity.
- Excellent verbal and written English skills
- A chance to do meaningful, people-centric work with an international team of passionate professionals.
- Holistic wellbeing with mental health coaching sessions, a discounted membership to Urban Sports Club, and supplemental child care support.
- Employee stock options for all employees—because everyone deserves to benefit from the success they help to create.
- The freedom to work from home or our modern office—plus healthy drinks and snacks when you do come in.
- Full trust to take ownership of your work in a flat hierarchy where feedback is encouraged and expected.
- Work with the best and learn from other competent and brilliant people.
- Have a four-legged friend in your life? We’re happy to have dogs join us in the office.
At Taxfix, we believe that incredible things happen when you have a wealth of perspectives and experiences. We’re proudly committed to equal employment and development opportunities no matter your gender, race, religion, age, sexual orientation, colour, disability, or place of origin. To help mitigate any potential unconscious biases, we ask that you refrain from including your picture, age, or marital status on your CV. Let your experiences speak for themselves.
Not sure if you meet all the requirements for this role? Please apply anyways. You might bring something special to the team that we hadn’t previously considered.