- Date Posted
- Aug. 15, 2021
- Product Engineering
We are looking for a curious, collaborative Product Manager who can manage the roadmap and backlog, produce great product definition, and work closely with developers and UX designers to create and deliver delightful features for our readers and BoF Professional members. Your work will contribute towards building our global BoF community and engaging them every day with the opportunities to be informed, to learn and to connect with each other which BoF creates.
Who Are We?
The Business of Fashion (BoF) is a next generation fashion media company conceived for today’s global and hyper-connected world. Founded in 2007 by Imran Amed, BoF is known for its authoritative, agenda-setting point of view on the global fashion industry and is an indispensable resource for fashion executives, creatives, students and entrepreneurs in over 200 countries. It has been described as “The Economist of Fashion,” “A Daily Destination for Fashion’s Power Players” and “The Industry Bible.”
Providing tools and services to support the journey through the fashion and beauty industries, including News & Analysis, Careers, and Education, BoF has grown to be an indispensable resource for fashion executives, creatives, students, and entrepreneurs in over 200 countries.
Commitment to Diversity
BoF is committed to building a diverse workforce and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunities employer. We ensure all applicants and employees receive equal treatment regardless of race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, gender, age, disability, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity.
Commitment to Inclusivity
BoF is committed to building an inclusive environment where everyone can bring their authentic selves to work and reach their full potential within their roles using a growth mindset. We are committed to creating an inclusive culture for our employees globally.
What We Need You To Do
Reporting into the Associate Product Director and with teams across the business (including marketing, editorial, studio and commercial), you will deliver continuous improvements to our existing platform alongside your core team of developers and QA.
In being successful in this role, you will:
- Help decide what we should build
- Analyse data and product KPIs to understand users and user behaviour, and measure what works
- Collaborate extensively with colleagues from multiple departments to understand business needs
- Articulate the business/customer value behind each initiative, own the value proposition for your users and act as the domain expert and voice of the user
- Coordinate product delivery
- Continuously prioritise solutions which deliver the most impact towards our business goals
- Work closely with a UX/UI designer to define user journeys and wireframe new features
- Distil initiatives into units of work for the development team, with great user stories and definition
- Collaborate with engineers and during development to deliver continuous release via agile sprints
- Take a scientific approach to learning through experimentation and A/B testing
- Manage communication to ensure your stakeholders are well informed about your projects
- Ensure quality
- Ensure solutions meet the required level of quality alongside our QA team
Who You Are
- You relish working with colleagues across the business to find opportunities for your team to create value for users and customers which drives business goals
- You are a passionate problem-solver and can explain the reasoning behind your recommendations clearly
- You have been working with developers and designers within an agile team to deliver product solutions that you know have driven important outcomes for your business
- You have a growth mindset, are obsessed with learning and experimenting your way to discovering what works
You’ll Know You’re Successful When…
- You and your development team are consistently releasing valuable new features and improvements at least every couple of weeks
- You are learning something new about our users and customers with every release and adapting your future roadmaps to incorporate your learning
- You have a roadmap of great opportunities to create value and drive the business forward which your stakeholders are excited to hear progress on