- Date Posted
- Sep. 20, 2021
- Professional Services
The Business of Fashion is seeking an experienced reporter to join our team in London. You will bring strong reporting, analytical thinking and writing skills to agenda-setting features and exclusive news stories. This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing and dynamic company. This role reports to the London Editor.
Who Are We?
The Business of Fashion (BoF) is a next generation fashion media company conceived for today’s global and hyper-connected world. Founded in 2007 by Imran Amed, BoF is known for its authoritative, agenda-setting point of view on the global fashion industry, described as “The Economist of Fashion,” “A Daily Destination for Fashion’s Power Players” and “The Industry Bible.”
Providing tools and services to support the journey through the fashion and beauty industries, including News & Analysis, Careers, and Education, BoF has grown to be an indispensable resource for fashion executives, creatives, students and entrepreneurs in over 200 countries.
Commitment to Diversity
BoF is committed to building a diverse workforce and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunities employer. All applicants and employees receive equal treatment regardless of race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, gender, age, disability, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity.
Commitment to Inclusivity
BoF is committed to building an inclusive environment where everyone can bring their authentic selves to work and reach their full potential within their roles using a growth mindset. We are committed to creating an inclusive culture for our employees globally.
What we need you to do
You will contribute a range of deeply reported features, investigative stories and agenda-setting news analysis for a target audience of intelligent, globally minded fashion industry decision-makers while meeting tight deadlines and weekly targets.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Pitch and deliver 1 reported feature piece per week.
- Regularly contribute to BoF’s series of case studies and high-profile cover stories.
- Monitor and contribute to coverage of daily news.
- Elevate important news stories with deeper analysis in a timely manner.
- Cultivate a well-developed network of sources to deliver scoops and exclusive insights.
- Source images and create charts for your stories.
- Work with a collegiate team of reporters and provide mentorship to more junior members.
Who you are
An experienced journalist, with fluency writing about the business of fashion. You will be full of ideas, confident in pitching stories and able to swiftly execute tightly written news, analysis and deeply reported features. You will also have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced scale-up environment, combined with the following skills will set you up for success:
- Acute news judgment and ability to distil and elevate information contained in press releases with additional analysis.
- A keen eye for a good story.
- Ability to cultivate a network of high-level industry sources.
- Strong writing skills and an ability to tell complex stories with flair.
- Agility to manage multiple stories at the same time with a strong sense of accountability and attention to detail.
- Willingness to occasionally work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of a global news cycle.
You’ll Know You’re Successful When…
- You are delivering a consistent and steady stream of features that inform and engage our global community.
- You are on top of the most important fashion industry news and regularly ahead of the competition.