- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Jun. 7, 2021
- Software Engineering
Transcend believes everyone should be in control of their personal information. We’re pioneering Data Privacy Infrastructure—a powerful technology that lets individuals reclaim control of their data and ensures companies can easily comply with global data privacy laws.
Our platform enables companies like Robinhood, Patreon, and Indiegogo to provide customers with control over their information. We allow these customers to request, identify, and delete their personal information from a growing suite of integrated companies: from Salesforce to Slack, Facebook, Zendesk, Intercom, and beyond.
Right now, we do not support Visas, and will only be able to support folks in the U.S.
As a Software Engineer on the Integrations Team, you will help us build and maintain the platform that connects to third-party data systems and track down personal data within them.
To connect to these 3rd party systems, we’ve created an application called Sombra to encrypt data end-to-end and make sure that only our customers (Groupon, Robinhood) and their end users see the decrypted data. You’ll work closely with this application and build integration-related features on top of it.
Our team goal is to expand our catalog from hundreds of integrations to thousands. Basically, we have to figure out how to build integrations faster and more reliably. To help us with this goal, you’ll be tasked with:
- Optimizing our deployments (we’re aiming for continuous deployment!)
- Devising better testing strategies so that we can catch bugs before they hit production
- Help build our integration catalog
- Most importantly, your work will be instantly impactful. By contributing to our ever-growing catalog of integrations, you’ll be expanding basic privacy rights for people everywhere.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate and contribute on projects like continuous deployment and versioning 3rd party integrations
- Work on streaming the process of building and maintaining integrations
- Work and deploy features requested from customers
- Take initiative to proactively fix production and development issues
Who You Are
- You enjoy being a generalist and you enjoy working across the stack — frontend, backend, and infrastructure.
- You have significant experience working with HTTP APIs, REST and GraphQL
- You know how to ship production-ready code. You should know what to log, what metrics to capture, what alerts to setup.
- You are able to pick up large, somewhat open-ended problems and run with it
- People come to you for help or assistance with technical concepts
- You tend to keep working on problems long after others might have given up
- You have knowledge of Terraform/AWS Lambdas/Serverless framework
- Contributed to Open Source Software
We believe that turning the principles of data privacy into exercisable human rights is one of the most high-impact ways we can spend our time, and so we’re building an ambitious team that’s passionate about solving important problems and having fun while doing it.
As the best-in-class solution in a new market, Transcend is a fast-paced and exciting workplace. The product evolves quickly to meet new client needs and adapts to the rapidly advancing world of privacy law. As one of Transcend’s earliest hires, you’ll get to work on a wide array of exciting projects.
Transcend is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, inclusion and belonging. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with applicable law.