- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Jun. 7, 2021
- Design & UI
At Transform, we are building a metrics repository that ensures that businesses can capture metric definitions in a standardized, well-formatted, and organized way to streamline analysis and enable decision-making with confidence and speed. We bridge the gap between those who know the data and those who need the data by creating a trusted metrics repository with an accessible user interface and a broad set of connectors to seamlessly pipe data to downstream systems.
We are backed by Index, Redpoint, Fathom, and Work Life Ventures and have years of experience working on data at Airbnb, Facebook, BlackRock, and Instagram. We’ve dedicated our careers to improving data infrastructure, from warehouses to machine learning platforms. We saw at Airbnb that a metrics repository improves both the speed and trustworthiness of data across all tools at a company.
As a Frontend Software Engineer at Transform, you’ll play a critical role in shaping user-facing features that enable our core product. You’ll have the opportunity to work on a wide range of initiatives, flexing abilities from data visualization and data analytics to design systems and infrastructure engineering to ship products. The ideal candidate will be proactive and opinionated about the future of data. You’ll have the chance to be self-directed and to grow into a leadership role as we scale.
What you will do at Transform
- Increase performance, reliability, and visibility into our frontend architecture
- Develop and ship user-facing features to our web application
- Maintain systems that see deployment across multiple companies and industries
- Work with customers to identify gaps in our product, and identify novel solutions to hard problems
- Learn from industry leaders; build a world-class team, mentor new engineers, and develop our diverse culture
What you will need to be successful
- Fluency with Typescript, React, HTML and CSS or similar technologies
- Experience designing, implementing and maintaining frontend architectures
- Familiarity with responsive pages and modern browser technologies
- Ability to build lasting pieces of software, with little operational overhead
- Experience operating independently in a software engineering role
Nice to haves
- Technical leadership and/or people leadership experience
- Familiarity with gathering feedback and working with customers of data or tools.
- Experience or familiarity with the following software/tools:
- Next.js, React
- Apollo, GraphQL
- Auth Services: Auth0, Okta, OneLogin
- UI Component libraries: Material UI
- CSS-in-JS patterns: JSS, CSS modules
- Analytics tools: Snowplow, Sentry, Datadog