- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- May. 26, 2021
At Transform, we’re building a platform that enables companies to establish and rely upon a single source of truth for critical business metrics. We bridge the gap between those who know the data and those who need the data by creating a trusted metrics repository, an accessible user interface and a broad set of connectors to seamlessly pipe data to downstream systems.
We are backed by Index and Redpoint Ventures and have years of experience working on data at Airbnb, Facebook, BlackRock, and Instagram. We have dedicated our careers to improving data infrastructure, from warehouses to workflow orchestration tools (Airflow), to machine learning platforms. We have seen first-hand while at Airbnb how a metrics repository enhances the speed and trustworthiness of data tools.
As a data infrastructure engineer at Transform, you’ll play a critical role in shaping the systems that enable our core product. You’ll have the opportunity to work on a wide range of initiatives, flexing abilities from data science and data engineering to backend systems and infrastructure engineering to ship products. The ideal candidate will be proactive and opinionated about the future of data infrastructure. You’ll have the chance to be self-directed and to grow into a leadership role as we scale.
- What you will do at Transform
- Increase performance, reliability, and visibility of/into a framework for computing metrics, dimensions, and denormalized tables
- Develop and ship critical products and systems to our Java and Python backend
- Maintain systems that see deployment across multiple companies and industries
- Work with customers to identify gaps in our product, and identify novel solutions to hard problems
- Learn from industry leaders; build a world-class team, mentor new engineers, and develop our diverse culture
- What you will need to be successful
- Fluency with Java and Python or similar languages
- Experience designing, implementing, and maintaining data systems or tools
- Familiarity with query processing, SQL-like languages, and relational databases
- Ability to build lasting pieces of software, with little operational overhead
- Experience operating independently in a software engineering role
Nice to haves
- Technical leadership and/or people leadership experience
- Familiarity with gathering feedback and working with customers of data or tools.
- Experience or familiarity with the following software/tools:
- Analytical databases: Snowflake, Redshift, BigQuery
- Workflow management tools: Airflow, Azkaban, Luigi, etc.
- Cloud services: AWS, GCP, etc.