- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Jun. 22, 2021
- Software Engineering
At Transform, we are building a metrics repository that enables businesses to capture metric definitions in a standardized, well-formatted, and organized way to streamline analysis and enable decision-making with confidence and speed. We bridge the gap between those who know the data and those who need the data by creating a trusted metrics repository with an accessible user interface and a broad set of connectors to seamlessly pipe data to downstream systems.
We are backed by Index, Redpoint, Fathom, and Work Life Ventures and have years of experience working on data at Airbnb, Facebook, Slack, BlackRock, and Instagram. We’ve dedicated our careers to improving data infrastructure, from warehouses to machine learning platforms. We saw at Airbnb that a metrics repository improves both the speed and trustworthiness of data across all tools at a company.
As an Engineering Manager at Transform, you will partner with executive leadership and be a critical member of a world-class engineering team looking to redefine the way companies leverage data. This person will act as a beacon for recruiting top-level engineering talent. With the opportunity to own an engineering vertical at Transform (frontend, backend, infrastructure, data, etc.), this person will create an environment where it is safe to fail, and where engineers feel supported, cared about, and like management is invested in their growth.
The ideal candidate will be an empathetic communicator and an excellent cross-functional collaborator who has experience scaling world-class technical organizations. They are a hands-on engineering leader that has deep experience in their technical vertical, are pragmatic in their approach to software development, and are capable of making fast, practical, and effective technology decisions. Building longstanding internal and external relationships, while being a strong leader, is core to this person’s DNA.
What you will do at Transform
- Play a critical role in the early growth of our company, helping to create a new category in the data ecosystem
- Build a product that makes data accessible for those who need it, forever changing the data ecosystem
- Partner with Transform leadership to recruit, lead, and retain a world-class team of engineers
- Effectively leverage internal resources and build feedback loops to ensure we are solving the right data problems for customers
- Advocate and champion for building a diverse and collaborative workforce
- Mentor and coach engineers of different levels
- Help develop the roadmap for product and supporting infrastructure
What you will need to be successful
- 5+ years of building world-class products
- 3+ years managing and leading engineers
- A proactive, hardworking, and high energy/positive attitude
Fluency with Python and SQL
A track record of empathetic people management
Nice to haves
Experience or familiarity with the following software/tools:
Analytical databases: Snowflake, Redshift, BigQuery
- Workflow management tools: Airflow, Azkaban, Luigi, etc.
- Cloud services: AWS, GCP, etc.