- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Jun. 22, 2021
- Software Engineering
At Transform, we are building a metrics repository that enables businesses to capture metric definitions in a standardized, well-formatted, and organized way to streamline analysis and enable decision-making with confidence and speed. We bridge the gap between those who know the data and those who need the data by creating a trusted metrics repository with an accessible user interface and a broad set of connectors to seamlessly pipe data to downstream systems.
We are backed by Index, Redpoint, Fathom, and Work Life Ventures and have years of experience working on data at Airbnb, Facebook, Slack, BlackRock, and Instagram. We’ve dedicated our careers to improving data infrastructure, from warehouses to machine learning platforms. We saw at Airbnb that a metrics repository improves both the speed and trustworthiness of data across all tools at a company.
As the first dedicated DevOps engineer at Transform, you’ll help improve reliability, and ease of use as we scale our internal and external service deployments. You’ll be the engineering team’s go-to expert on networking, security, and all things AWS. Finally, you’ll be a force multiplier for developer productivity across the engineering team in building tooling that help empower any engineer to deploy and monitor their own infrastructure needs.
What You Will Do at Transform
- Work closely with internal stakeholders (the engineering team) and external customers (customer infrastructure teams) to build secure, reliable, scalable infrastructure powering our product and APIs.
- Help build and scale our CI tooling to improve reliability and developer productivity.
- Bring experience and expertise to develop a culture of operational excellence
What You Will Need to Be Successful
- Familiarity with programming languages such as Python, PHP, Ruby, Java, Go.
- Comfortable administering cloud infrastructure from providers such as AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Experience building reliable Continuous Delivery pipelines using Kubernetes and Docker
- Communication and collaboration skills to build software for both internal and external stakeholders
Nice to Haves
- Experience with build tooling like Bazel, CI systems like Jenkins or Github Actions
- Experience with data warehouses such as Snowflake, Redshift, BigQuery