- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- May. 26, 2021
- Software Engineering
At Transform, we are building a metrics repository to capture metric definitions in a standardized, well-formatted, and organized way to streamline analysis and enable decision-making with confidence and speed. We bridge the gap between those who know the data and those who need the data with an accessible user interface and a broad set of connectors to seamlessly pipe data to downstream systems.
We are backed by Index, Redpoint, Fathom, and Work Life Ventures and have years of experience working on data at Airbnb, Facebook, BlackRock, and Instagram. We’ve dedicated our careers to improving data infrastructure, from warehouses to machine learning platforms. We saw at Airbnb that a metrics repository improves both the speed and trustworthiness of data across all tools at a company.
As a forward deployed engineer at Transform, you will work at the intersection of product, engineering, sales, and customer success to understand current customers’ critical business questions, support new customer acquisition, and manage new customer deployments. You’ll play a critical role in defining successful onboarding and implementation processes for those customers. As Transform’s first Forward Deployed Engineer, you will be uniquely positioned to channel customer feedback into our product development. You will work with the product team to design the product’s technical, user-facing components and surface customer feedback. You will learn from industry leaders; build a world-class team and develop our diverse culture.
- What you will do at Transform
- Partner with sales and customer success to evaluate customer deployment needs and develop scalable plans for those deployments.
- Design and gather feedback on the technical, user-facing components of the deployment process.
- Contribute to the development of customer onboarding processes and best practices.
- What you will need to be successful
- Fluency with Python, Bash
- Experience integrating with APIs (REST or bonus: GraphQL)
- Experience with AWS and Docker
- Familiarity with networking: CORS/Proxies/Authentication Flows
- Experience communicating complex processes to both technical and non-technical audiences
Nice to haves
- 2-3+ years of experience as a software engineer or technical engineer, debugging and leading technical projects.
- Experience or familiarity with the following software/tools:
- Analytical databases: Snowflake, Hadoop (Hive, Presto, or Spark), Redshift, BigQuery
- Workflow management tools: Airflow, dbt
- Visualization software: Looker, Tableau, Power BI, Mode, SiSense, Metabase
- Experience working with external customers and channeling back feedback on a product.
- If you are eager to work on data products, tools, and systems, then we would like to connect with you No candidate will have every skill listed above. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org