- Date Posted
- Jun. 7, 2021
- Data Science
We’re Trouva, the marketplace for independent curators and Europe’s top e-commerce startup (we’ve got the trophy to prove it). We are anti-chain and anti-same; we stand against the uniform and the ubiquitous. We exist to inspire, and we champion independence. Our vision? A thriving global community of curators united by their passion for unique products.
We are backed by some incredible VC backers whose successes include Dropbox, ASOS, Secret Escapes & Facebook (Octopus Ventures, Index Ventures, BGF & LocalGlobe), and Angel investors including current/former Directors of Farfetch, JustEat, Net-a-Porter, Google & Deliveroo.
We are proud to be a tech start-up building the offline to online platform for independent curation, handling inventory management, merchandising, AI-led recommendations, and logistics, to offer an even better service than the online giants.
We’ve recently been named the top UK startup in the Startups 100 list and are on the hunt to find exceptional talent who share our vision and can help us achieve our next level of growth.
This is a fantastic opportunity to have a pivotal role in building out the financial data infrastructure at one of the fastest growing and most exciting start-ups in Europe. You’ll be responsible for all the financial data used across the business and use this to provide critical insight enabling us to take the right strategic and operational decisions. You’ll work closely with many teams across the business, taking a very hands on role in cross functional, technically complex projects.
Specifically, you will work closely with Finance, Analytics, Product and Data Engineering to:
- Enhance our financial data, working closely with Data Engineering to build out optimal data tables and identify and resolve any noise;
- Design the financial data structure and requirements for new areas of the business as they grow in complexity and scale;
- Build insightful and user friendly financial reports and dashboards in Tableau, working closely with Finance and the Leadership team to understand the requirements;
- Investigate and provide insight into movements in Financial Performance and KPI’s to inform strategic and operational decisions;
- Work with analysts across the business to create alignment in financial data sources and methodology where applicable;
- Build automated and efficient reporting, through the use of ETL’s and existing or new software.
You are the type of person who loves rapid problem solving in a very structured and efficient way. You enjoy the challenge of understanding the status-quo, the requirements of the stakeholders and building out innovative, usable and efficient solutions. You like to take a hands on approach and have incredible attention to detail which is so important given you will have responsibility for the financial data we use for strategic and day-to-day decision making. You enjoy working in cross functional projects, are excellent at managing projects and are great at communicating with people from across the business, be it a technical discussion with Finance or a Data Engineer. You are also able to manage the many competing priorities that life at an exciting high growth start-up brings.
If you’re the type of person who looks for a challenge, is inquisitive and loves to learn, this is for you - the marketplace complexity along with our rapid international expansion and ever growing activities means there is never a boring day at Trouva!
Technically, this role requires -
- 6+ years experience as an analyst;
- Advanced SQL;
- Extensive experience building usable, insightful dashboards including experience with Tableau;
- Experience working with and improving noisy data;
- Experience managing projects including project scoping and delivery;
- Excellent communication with people at all experience levels and from across the business;
- Retail, marketplace or ecommerce background is an advantage but by no means essential.
- Competitive salary and share options in one of the UK’s most exciting startups. Equity is very important to us - we want you to be a shareholder in the company so you are part of the upside if we’re successful together;
- 33 days including 8 bank holidays per annum;
- Competitive Maternity, Paternity and Adoption leave policies;
- Need tech or equipment? We’ll provide you with what you need to get the job done;
- Our fully flexible working from home policy;
- Wellbeing perks offering;
- Regular team events where we celebrate our success and people;
- Unlimited staff discount on all Trouva products and a Trouva gift card to get something awesome for your desk.