- Date Posted
- Jun. 7, 2021
- Data Science
Trouva is one of the fastest growing tech businesses in Europe (TNW Tech5), one of Wired Magazine's hottest European Startups and is 1st in the prestigious Startups 100 Index, ranking the UK’s best high growth startups.
A software-enabled marketplace, Trouva brings customers beautiful homewares from the best independent curators around the world. We’re building a different kind of e-commerce experience, driven by discovery and inspiration. Using cutting-edge technology, Trouva harnesses the expertise of the best bricks-and-mortar shops from Shoreditch to Stockholm and scales their offering online to connect with a global customer base seeking unique, hard-to-find homewares.
Backed by world-leading investors, we’re growing incredibly quickly and are looking for exceptional people to join the Trouva family. Get a feel for what we're about through our Instagram or vision page!
As part of our rapid growth, we now have offices in London and Lisbon, and an ever-expanding community of boutiques across Europe. As a result, we’re constantly on the hunt to find exceptional talent, who share our vision and are fiercely passionate about what they do.
This is a fantastic opportunity to have a pivotal role in building out the financial data infrastructure at one of the fastest growing and most exciting start-ups in Europe. You’ll be responsible for helping us to leverage the data used across the business and use this to provide critical insight enabling us to take the right strategic and operational decisions. You’ll work closely with many teams across the business, taking a very hands-on role in cross-functional, technically complex projects and will be working closely with Engineering and the wider data team to develop new ways to increase customer interactions and optimise our customer experience.
What you’ll do
Specifically, you will work closely with Finance, Analytics, Product and Data Engineering to:
- Enhance our marketing and user data, working closely with Data Engineering to build out optimal data tables and ensure we are building a robust data platform for us to grow from;
- Build insightful and user friendly financial reports and dashboards in Tableau and BI tools, collaborating with stake-holders across the business to help us develop our data-first culture;
- Optimise and support the roll-out of an expansive testing programme that will help support our product and feature development;
- Work with the analysts across the business to enhance our understanding of our user behaviour data and site functionality;
- Work closely on the optimisation and testing of our sort-order algorithm and customer matching processes.
- Build automated and efficient reporting, through the use of ETL’s and existing or new software.
You are the type of person who loves rapid problem solving in a very structured and efficient way. You enjoy the challenge of understanding the status-quo, the requirements of the stakeholders and building out innovative, usable and efficient solutions. You like to take a hands on approach and have incredible attention to detail. You enjoy working in cross functional projects, are excellent at managing projects and are great at communicating with people from across the business, be it a bid optimisation discussion with Marketing or an exploratory chat about the potential for improvements to our sort-order algorithms with Data Engineers and Scientists. You are also able to manage the many competing priorities that life at an exciting high growth start-up brings.
If you’re the type of person who looks for a challenge, is inquisitive and loves to learn, this is for you - the marketplace complexity along with our rapid international expansion and ever growing activities means there is never a boring day at Trouva!
Technically, this role requires:
- 5+ years experience as an analyst;
- Advanced SQL, preferably with exposure to Python, and an understanding of data structure and good practices in data architecture;
- Extensive experience building usable, insightful dashboards including experience with Tableau and other BI tools;
- Experience and confidence working with and improving noisy data;
- Experience managing projects including project scoping and delivery;
- Excellent communication with people at all experience levels and from across the business;
- Retail, marketplace or ecommerce background is an advantage, and marketing and commercial experience with Google Shopping Ads, direct marketing techniques and CRM would also be of interest;
- Competitive salary and share options in one of the UK’s most exciting startups. Equity is very important to us - we want you to be a shareholder in the company so you are part of the upside if we’re successful together;
- 33 days including 8 bank holidays per annum;
- Competitive Maternity, Paternity, and Adoption leave policies;
- Need tech or equipment? We’ll provide you with what you need to get the job done;
- Our fully flexible working from home policy;
- Wellbeing perks offering;
- Regular team events where we celebrate our success and people;
- Unlimited staff discount on all Trouva products and a Trouva gift card to get something awesome for your desk.