- Date Posted
- Sep. 28, 2021
Trouva is one of the fastest growing tech businesses in Europe (TNW Tech5), one of Wired Magazine's hottest European Startups and is 1st in the prestigious Startups 100 Index, ranking the UK’s best high growth startups.
A software-enabled marketplace, Trouva brings customers beautiful homewares from the best independent boutiques around the world. We’re building a different kind of e-commerce experience, driven by discovery and inspiration. Using cutting edge technology, Trouva harnesses the expertise of the best bricks-and-mortar shops from Shoreditch to Stockholm, and scales their offering online to connect with a global customer base seeking unique, hard-to-find homewares.
Backed by world-leading investors, we’re growing incredibly quickly and are looking for exceptional people to join the Trouva family. Get a feel for what we're about through our Instagram or vision page!
This is a unique opportunity to join one of the fastest growing and most exciting start-ups in Europe. As part of the finance team you will play a key role in supporting the business through the key festive period. The finance team plays a key part in supporting decision making
Specifically, we are looking for someone who will:
- Be a key part of the process for paying our retailers, working closely with our retail operations team to answer any retailer queries;
- Work with the Finance Manager and Finance Executive to prepare the month-end management accounts, this involves working across all areas of finance including journals, accruals, reconciliation, tax etc;
- Run and improve our day-to-day finance processes such as accounts payable and accounts receivable, working closely with the finance executive to make sure our supplier relationships are maintained well and we are collected revenue in a timely manner;
- Work with our payroll provider to make sure that the payroll process is accurate and timely to make payments on time.
- Support the team with adhoc analysis as required
Who you are:
We are looking for a process-oriented, adaptable and well organised Senior Finance Executive who is excited by the opportunity to work across all aspects of Finance to support our rapid growth. This role would be well-suited to an individual who is thorough, enjoys getting into the detail, following processes and improving them. We are looking for someone who is able to work well in a team, multitask, has strong problem solving skills, is self-motivated and excited by the diverse range of opportunities and challenges that being part of one of the fastest growing companies in the UK will bring.
In terms of skills:
- Knowledge of Accounting Principles
- Experienced in dealing with large volumes of sales invoicing and payment preparation.
- Ideally with in house experience of small or medium sized businesses
- Intermediate level excel as a minimum
- Xero experience
- A strong academic background
- Competitive salary and share options in one of the UK’s most exciting startups. Equity is very important to us - we want you to be a shareholder in the company so you are part of the upside if we’re successful together;
- 33 days including 8 bank holidays per annum;
- Competitive compassionate and family leave policies;
- Our fully flexible working from home policy;
- Wellbeing perks offering;
- Need tech or equipment? We’ll provide you with what you need to get the job done;
- Regular online and IRL team events where we celebrate our success and people;
- Unlimited staff discount on all Trouva products and a Trouva gift card to get something awesome for your desk