- Dentsville, SC
- Date Posted
- Jan. 6, 2022
- Data Science
- Business Applications
We’re a leading online reviews platform, free and open to all. Our mission is to be a universal symbol of trust. We are well on our way - but there’s still an exciting journey ahead of us. Do you want to join us?
Trustpilot’s growth has been exponential - from a successful IPO to building out new teams, we never stop working hard to fulfill our mission to create better experiences for everyone through our platform. But to do that, we need data! That’s where Analytics comes in - you’ll support us in measuring, uncovering insights, and predicting to get data everywhere in Trustpilot. We’ve built a world-class analytics team that spans two continents and four cities - are you ready to join a fun, diverse global team?
As a lead data analyst, you are responsible for all things Consumer Analytics. You’ve got the best of both worlds here, in a role that blends both leadership and technical know-how - you’ll build relationships and develop expertise within our Consumer function to determine what needs to be delivered and when by your team.
From a collaboration/people perspective, you’ll keep a pulse on what’s going on, and build relationships across your area with awesome stakeholders - you’ll be able to anticipate their needs before they ask, and support them to shape their ideas into a data reality. Within your team, you’ll supervise and mentor great and enthusiastic analysts who are eager to learn and develop their skills in both leadership and technical skills. You’ll work in an agile manner, setting achievable deadlines and goals for your team, ensuring your team delivers amazing analytics, dashboards, and insights on schedule.
As a technical leader on your team, you’ll support your data analysts with developing the correct solution for the problem they’re trying to solve. Your diverse skillset will be key here as your support your analysts build and hone their skills, but, as this is an individual contributor role, you’ll continue to deliver some insights using those skills yourself. You’ll take on some of the tougher or more nuanced projects yourself, delivering creative insights that empower us to figure out what makes Trustpilot tick.
What will you be responsible for?
- Delivering insights to all parts of the consumer product function, through both workstream-driven initiatives and ad-hoc inquiries
- Working closely with key stakeholders to understand their needs relative to both dashboards and insights
- Working closely with programme managers and workstream managers to determine scope, with consumer product stakeholders, of key initiatives
- Prioritisation of consumer product data asks, and collaboration with other leads on the analytics team to ensure the work is assigned to the correct function
- Mentoring high-quality data analysts to enable them to grow and develop in their roles - setting SMART goals, supporting them to get the right training opportunities, and giving them projects that build their skills
- Ensure appropriate documentation of all analyses and large scale projects undertaken with the consumer product analytics function
- Building out presentations to share consumer product analytics findings with the larger business, including executive level
- Some examples of the cool stuff we’d like your contribution!
- Measuring conversion rates across user and/or buyer journeys - what makes our consumers and buyers tick?
- How does Trustpilot grow?
- What’s the value of a consumer or a review to Trustpilot?
- What is the right information architecture in Looker to support our business needs?
- And much more - data never sleeps!
- What will enable you to be established in this role?
- To us, the attitude is what matters most - you’re curious and positive, and you’re always looking for ways to improve both yourself and the world around you. You’re enthusiastic about analytics and how it can transform a business, and excited to get your hands dirty to bring data to everyone. You’re ok with a little ambiguity - what’s not clear now can be solved with some ingenuity and asking the right questions. Oh yeah, you LOVE asking questions :)
- But we’d also like to see…
- 4+ years of experience in analytics or data science
- Expertise in Analytics core technical skills - you can flip between building dashboards, building model-based analyses, and can undertake more sophisticated analyses like cohort analysis
- Advanced reporting capabilities, with ability to define KPIs and metrics, and experience delivering actionable insights to a business using Tableau, Looker, or similar BI tool
- You’re great at applying the right solution to a problem, scoping work appropriately, and mentoring others to do so
- Extensive experience in stakeholder management, with the self-motivation to deliver results back to the business
- High-quality prioritisation skills, for instance, honed in an Agile environment
- Interest in how the business as a whole works - and how does Analytics fit in?
- Experience in supervising and mentoring others
- Proficiency in R or Python, and awesome SQL skills
- It’s also great if you’ve used our tech stack before, including Airflow, Google Cloud Platform, and Looker, but experience with other cloud-based platforms and BI tools are awesome too!
- Some of the exciting benefits we offer are…
- “20% time” - be the most innovative you can be and work on anything you’d like!
- Flexible work location - choose to work from home, or an office location by being an Office Trustie, a Flex Trustie, or a Home Trustie :)
- The opportunity to be a key part of an exciting international growth journey
- The opportunity to work with industry-standard data technologies including Google Cloud Platform, Airflow, Amplitude, and AWS
- Opportunities to learn from the best and develop your career in a friendly, international, workplace
- Regular hackathons
- The opportunity to direct and impact meaningful change across a global business
At Trustpilot, we’re passionate about our mission to offer a free and open to all review platform, built on collaboration. For consumers, we’re a place to connect with and influence businesses. For companies, we’re a platform for progress; a way to improve and innovate by engaging and collaborating with consumers. Working here is an opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated people in a rapidly growing, fast-paced and agile environment.
With vibrant office locations all around the world and over 40 nationalities, we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace with diverse perspectives and ideas. We work hard every day, but we also take the time to catch up with colleagues over a game of ping-pong, a cup of coffee or maybe grab a beer after work.
Trustpilot is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Trustpilot is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Trustpilot are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Trustpilot will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Trustpilot encourages applicants of all ages.